GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Ford vs Ferrari Movie

Chad13762

Go Kart Champion
Our SCCA region was able to score free early screening tickets of the Ford vs Ferrari movie, and I saw it last night. It's definitely a must see if your a car enthusiast.

Of course their were Hollywood liberties and missed details to make it a movie, but overall, it was about as well done as could be expected.

If you haven't read it yet, I'd suggest reading the book "Go Like Hell" before seeing the movie, to better understand the real events, and just enjoy the movie for what it is.

odessa.filez

Autocross Newbie
I saw the preview trailer and yeah, there goes Hollywood. My wife and I plan to see it just for fun.

IMO someone should do one about F1 back then and in the 70s. The rapid technology changes, the safety issues, the deaths and the drivers who helped push the sport in the right direction wrt safety.

SRTie4k

Ready to race!
I saw the preview trailer and yeah, there goes Hollywood. My wife and I plan to see it just for fun.

IMO someone should do one about F1 back then and in the 70s. The rapid technology changes, the safety issues, the deaths and the drivers who helped push the sport in the right direction wrt safety.

That's essentially what "Rush" is.

odessa.filez

Autocross Newbie

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Rush is a pretty good one.

If you want a movie a little more "classic" than that check out "Grand Prix".
It came out in the mid 60's and I believe was set to a somewhat fictionalized version of a 60's F1 season.

odessa.filez

Autocross Newbie
yeah saw that in a movie theatre as a teenager.

I remember mostly the Ickx / Stewart / Rindt period which had more than its share of tragedy but put much needed spotlight on safety.

a protest

https://youtu.be/g63iM83Nwdc

but he won anyway :)

PRRGG1

Drag Racing Champion
My wife and I finally got around to watching Ford v Ferrari last weekend and really enjoyed it. Bravo!

I saw McQueen's Lemans (1971) perhaps a decade ago and want to see it again. How many of y'all had this poster hanging on your bedroom wall as a kid? I sure did and I wish I'd kept it.

1618361912027.png