GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Forge DV Spacer?

07Noside

Banned
So just a few questons about the Forge DV spacer. Has anyone found them for sale for cheaper then $69? Is it easy to install? If so how long and where is the stock valve located?

2zzge

Banned
Car(s)
GTI
1. prices are what they are. (you may on some occasion find a sale [sometimes a 'package deal' gets set up by a vender that migh include the spacer along with other parts]...the holidays are fast approaching:biggrin: )

2. yes. 3 bolts and a wire connecter is all there is. (gotten to from underneath on the inlet side of the turbo---between engine and firewall on passernger side)tho' one of the bolts is somewhat in a tight/blind spot along with VW using loc-tite too its not hard to do. however, it makes it a bit tedious. so be patient and give youself some extra time.

3. how long? i'll let you say.
  • jack the car up onto stands (or hoist)
  • locate stock DV (see above)
  • clean area around DV. YOU DO NOT WANT ANY DEBRI IN THE TURBO!!
  • remove 3 bolts (removing wires is optional--you may want to inspect the DV and completely removing it from the car would make it easier to see)
  • using forge's supplied longer bolts, reinstall DV with spacer.
it all goes back together easier and faster. (give yourself 1.5hrs total from first pump on the jack handle to the time you test drive it. it is possible to get it done faster once you're familiar with it.)

...but it could take you for days. i don't know how well you turn a wrench :thumbup:

07Noside

Banned
Yea jacked the car up last night to take a look. Looks like a piece of cake. I'm very good with a wrench did my eurojet ea pipe, aem cai, and replaced my intercooler tubing so the valve should be nothing. just still wondering if any one has found them cheaper than $69 any where.

07Noside

Banned
Thanks but, I'm not doing anything but high end parts on this car no knock offs or else i wouldn't have spent $400 on an intake lol.