GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
  • Has your username changed as part of the site merger and want it changed back? If the other version of your username isn't being used, send Gulfer a PM and we can probably fix it for you

Forum Down

VW-TX

Go Kart Champion
Been going on for a year now.....doubt they will fix it.

Edit: Maybe they will now that I see his response. :)

Last edited:

tmiw

Go Kart Champion
Sorry about all the downtime folks! The sites have grown so much that we're hitting limits. Working on a solution so your patience is appreciated.
Any more details for the tech minded among us? Why so long for a response?

JasonH

Ready to race!
You guys should look into a DV from mediatemple.net
I run a ~60k member forum off one with no issues at all.

xHeartcoreboyx

IceCream GTI
I REALLY needed a lot of information from the site yesterday, because i left my car at the dealer today for suspension install..

It was down...what a disappointment...guys PLEASE FIX IT...let us know if you need donation, i am sure most of us wouldn't hesitate.

RIP335

Go Kart Champion
I REALLY needed a lot of information from the site yesterday, because i left my car at the dealer today for suspension install..

It was down...what a disappointment...guys PLEASE FIX IT...let us know if you need donation, i am sure most of us wouldn't hesitate.
:thumbsup:

flug2012

Ready to race!
Please fix it guys... I already regret having signed up @ vortex, what is it over there :-(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
I stayed off here for 2 days! I was losing it though. The withdrawal symptoms were horrible. Played words with friends, read a book, played on twitter....

Never again golfmk6.com! I'll always come back to you!

If you stay functional.

Banshee1

Go Kart Champion
Sorry about all the downtime folks! The sites have grown so much that we're hitting limits. Working on a solution so your patience is appreciated.
I think our patience is what is at its limits. This is the first time the administrators have said anything at all to us (the community) after multiple entire-day outages. We would appreciate being kept in the loop, as we are the ones who make this forum what it is.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
I think our patience is what is at its limits. This is the first time the administrators have said anything at all to us (the community) after multiple entire-day outages. We would appreciate being kept in the loop, as we are the ones who make this forum what it is.
Actually, the last time shit hit the fan, he said the exact same thing. Very vague response with no leeway into whats ACTUALLY going on.

I think the Admin owe us a complete explanation into what is going on. This isnt government where you need to hide everything from us. Tell us what is REALLY going on from the top down and maybe we can support in a way we need to.

We've already offered money, and apparently that isnt enough. What's next? BJs?

pdykstra600

Go Kart Champion
The technical problems definitely need to be sorted out. Spend the cash and get onto a more reliable server. You guys do make money on advertisements don't you? Think about all the lost revenue when the site goes down every week.

Gulfer

Administrator
Staff member
Well first off, thanks for the offer of money support. Trust me its appreciated, but thats not really what the site was about from the start so I really dont want to be taking money from our members.

With that said, the issue isnt a money issue, its an issue of scumbags constantly attacking the servers. Its a constant battle, but i've been spending the last few days fixing problems and going to get us a nice new hardware upgrade too boot (hopefully during this long weekend) and things should be back to smooth sailing.

If anyone has any more specific questions, of course feel free to PM me directly, but even though Im quiet, trust me this will be fixed and back to normal soon :w00t: The scumbags out there have gotten aggressive but we'll keep this site up and running and the community strong