GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Forum Down

Banshee1

Go Kart Champion
Sorry about all the downtime folks! The sites have grown so much that we're hitting limits. Working on a solution so your patience is appreciated.

I think our patience is what is at its limits. This is the first time the administrators have said anything at all to us (the community) after multiple entire-day outages. We would appreciate being kept in the loop, as we are the ones who make this forum what it is.

cwGTIautobahn

Ready to race!
I'm on minumnim 2 other forums daily and have never experienced this with them!

Kinda nuts.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
I think our patience is what is at its limits. This is the first time the administrators have said anything at all to us (the community) after multiple entire-day outages. We would appreciate being kept in the loop, as we are the ones who make this forum what it is.

Actually, the last time shit hit the fan, he said the exact same thing. Very vague response with no leeway into whats ACTUALLY going on.

I think the Admin owe us a complete explanation into what is going on. This isnt government where you need to hide everything from us. Tell us what is REALLY going on from the top down and maybe we can support in a way we need to.

We've already offered money, and apparently that isnt enough. What's next? BJs?

pdykstra600

Go Kart Champion
The technical problems definitely need to be sorted out. Spend the cash and get onto a more reliable server. You guys do make money on advertisements don't you? Think about all the lost revenue when the site goes down every week.

Gulfer

Administrator
Staff member
Well first off, thanks for the offer of money support. Trust me its appreciated, but thats not really what the site was about from the start so I really dont want to be taking money from our members.

With that said, the issue isnt a money issue, its an issue of scumbags constantly attacking the servers. Its a constant battle, but i've been spending the last few days fixing problems and going to get us a nice new hardware upgrade too boot (hopefully during this long weekend) and things should be back to smooth sailing.

If anyone has any more specific questions, of course feel free to PM me directly, but even though Im quiet, trust me this will be fixed and back to normal soon :w00t: The scumbags out there have gotten aggressive but we'll keep this site up and running and the community strong

P

plac

The technical problems definitely need to be sorted out. Spend the cash and get onto a more reliable server. You guys do make money on advertisements don't you? Think about all the lost revenue when the site goes down every week.

they make an average of $26/day on ads. not much. unless im thinking of one of the bigger sites.

i made 10 cents on my ad revenue yesterday.. STOKED!!

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
they make an average of $26/day on ads. not much. unless im thinking of one of the bigger sites.

i made 10 cents on my ad revenue yesterday.. STOKED!!

Haha! Despite it being only 10 cents, I am still wildly jealous sir! I don't have any ad revenue!

Last edited:
Well first off, thanks for the offer of money support. Trust me its appreciated, but thats not really what the site was about from the start so I really dont want to be taking money from our members.

With that said, the issue isnt a money issue, its an issue of scumbags constantly attacking the servers. Its a constant battle, but i've been spending the last few days fixing problems and going to get us a nice new hardware upgrade too boot (hopefully during this long weekend) and things should be back to smooth sailing.

If anyone has any more specific questions, of course feel free to PM me directly, but even though Im quiet, trust me this will be fixed and back to normal soon :w00t: The scumbags out there have gotten aggressive but we'll keep this site up and running and the community strong

Thank you for taking the time to explain what was going on. I'm sure a lot of bs could have been avoided if we were told this sooner but glad to finally know that you guys are taking care of business!

P

plac

Haha! Despite it being only 10 cents, I am still wildly jealous sir! I don't have any ad revenue!

ahh on my good days i have made $3-$4... all it takes is a couple people clicking the ad in one of my youtube videos.. <<<<<<

i got a check from google for $78 a few weeks ago. was $113 before they took out tax. took me 1.5 years to save up to the $100 check threshold. but its moving a lot faster now that i have a lot more videos. my non-auto channel makes more money than my auto channel..

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
I can now contact the Admin outside of this forum so next time the site goes down I'll notify him ASAP.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer

Gulfer,

Thank you so much for providing us with the information. Its good to hear something is being done about this. I have my speculation as to whom is attacking, but I'll leave that up in the air. I dont wanna point fingers :D

Nevertheless, we have a timeline now that we hope can be kept. I'm certain that you'll get things wrapped this weekend. And PLEASE keep us updated on future black outs or at least put up an update screen that isnt as vague as, "We're performing updates" lol :)

Thank you for your time and effort.

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
ahh on my good days i have made $3-$4... all it takes is a couple people clicking the ad in one of my youtube videos.. <<<<<<

i got a check from google for $78 a few weeks ago. was $113 before they took out tax. took me 1.5 years to save up to the $100 check threshold. but its moving a lot faster now that i have a lot more videos. my non-auto channel makes more money than my auto channel..

Dammit plac, as if your car and build thread wasn't awesome enough, you go and drop this. I'm inspired!

And it is good to finally hear of resolution and what has been going on. Thanks Gulfer! :D

P

plac

Dammit plac, as if your car and build thread wasn't awesome enough, you go and drop this. I'm inspired!

i forgot to mention i got a check from a class action against Sirius/XM yesterday.

for $699.............................. truth.

StayStetti

Banned
To you guys thinking that they make 26$/day (for this site or what)? On golfmkv, they have 20 sponsor accounts, those accounts cost $150/month for the sponsors. That's over 30k/year on JUST sponsor accounts/banner advertising on ONE site. Granted they only have 2 or three active sites, they still make a shitload of money.

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
i forgot to mention i got a check from a class action against Sirius/XM yesterday.

for $699.............................. truth.

Why??

And I need a tune, pm me for my account details so you can just deposit it directly to me.