GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Front fog lights not working after euro switch install

GTIeng

Hello all. I installed Euro Tails (including harness from ECS) on my 2015 GTI SE today with success. Amber turn signals work perfectly. I also installed the euro headlight switch, however, they do not operate my fog lights whatsoever. Neither rear or front fogs operate with the euro switch. When I reinstalled the OE (i.e. non-euro) headlight switch, the front fogs work again. Any suggestions? Did I miss something in OBD11 or did I maybe get a dud switch? Thanks in advance.

ZERO815

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
Did you change any coding for the light switch? If not try the following:
Coding_fog.JPG

GTIeng

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200817-103113_OBDeleven.jpg
    Screenshot_20200817-103113_OBDeleven.jpg
    490.4 KB · Views: 186

GTIeng

Update and bump: I can't pull the switch out in the auto setting to trigger the fogs w/DRL function the euro switches are supposed to be capable of. I'm starting to really think this switch is junk and I need a refund from ECS. Just would like to get some more opinions before I call.

TrueGTI

Go Kart Newbie
Sorry to come in a bit off topic, but I have been curious to know what exactly the Euro switch is supposed to do. I have an S so Halogen headlights. I swapped Red LED's for the DRL's. But of course when I turn the headlights on, the Red LED's stay on. Would the Euro switch change that you think?

GTIeng

Most of the articles/threads I've read use LP GTIs as examples, so I can't speak to how the halogen lights work with the switch. I'd imagine that the DRLs can be coded using OBD11 to turn off when the lights come on, but I don't think they will do so without coding. If thats the case, a euroswitch will not do what you want as a stand-alone item. I may be wrong.