GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Front left disc seems odd - advice please?

GolfWagenTDI

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
GOLF 7.5 2.0 GT TDI
Hi all,

Most recently I had the indicator for the brake pads come up on my dashboard. Even though the pads are still (at least the outer brake pad I can see) 4mm+ (with the rear ones around 7mm). What I have noticed however is the front left disc has this dent on it (is it bad? does it require replacement? - thanks):

PXL_20220523_080816788.jpg

Attachments

• PXL_20220523_080816788.jpg
    PXL_20220523_080816788.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 35

GolfWagenTDI

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
GOLF 7.5 2.0 GT TDI
Normally that is made to balance the rotor as far as i know , but still they look worn enough maybe its time for some new rotors
They still seem pretty thick and there is no "lip" on the edge. I would happily avoid the extra expense at the moment. 😅

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Thats a balancing cut done at factory...nothing to worry about...

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate

GolfWagenTDI

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
GOLF 7.5 2.0 GT TDI
I see you have very small brakes (FS-III calipers)....like I had on my old Skoda!... I hope you greased the caliper slide pins..& I don't recommend copper grease any more...causes problem's long term...use TRW PFG110 grease on the slide pins...& use something like Loctite LB8009 heavy duty instead of copper grease on the pad backs & pad ears..
Hi Dave,

The breaks are factory standard, nothing has been modified in this car 😅 - I wish. I wasn't doing the job, the mechanic did this for me - yeah I have noticed copper grease too. If I was doing it myself I would probably follow this advice - but then again I would need a set of proper spanners to begin with 😅 Thanks for the advice :D