GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Fuel cuts on Revo

Little Bastard

So here's the story, I got a stage 1 flash done, and I started getting these 'fuel cuts' at first I thought the clutch might be slipping, so I took it in to my VW dealer who then picked up an high fuel pressure error. It was at 180bar and apparently it should be around 150bar?

My Revo dealer then explained to me that its a common thing on the stage 1's and that if I go to stage 2 this will sort it out (I wanted to go stage 2 anyways)

So I did the stage 2 upgrade, and she ran amazingly, however, today the very same problem occurred. It's worse than the stage 1.

Is this the common 'fuel cut' issue? If it is, I guess upgrading my fuel pump is the way to go, but surely then Revo should advise us by saying upgrade your fuel pump from the word go..

Anyways here is a video I took this morning (dreadful Iphone quality) hopefully you can see the problem..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bbrxYoPQuw

When I put the foot down in one of the higher gears, its almost like it hits a plateau (the gear display goes blank) and then kicks back in again (gear display shows the number gear I am in again)

It's pretty irritating, and I have never had this issue on stock.

Dont get me wrong I love my revo, and my revo dealers are excellent and helpful.

I just wanted to see how common this is, and if it could damage anything?

:iono:

DBGTI11

Ready to race!
What fuel are you using?

Little Bastard

It's 95 ron (BP UNLEADED 95) at altitude (Johannesburg).

Last edited:

aslam

It's 95 octane (BP UNLEADED 95) at altitude (Johannesburg).

I have Revo as well, my local Revo agent mentioned only the guys at the coast can run P2 setting on 95 RON fuel , infact, I have been driving like that for a yr with no problem ( I am at the coast btw)

Going on fri to load stage 2 software :happyanim:

Little Bastard

I have Revo as well, my local Revo agent mentioned only the guys at the coast can run P2 setting on 95 RON fuel , infact, I have been driving like that for a yr with no problem ( I am at the coast btw)

Going on fri to load stage 2 software :happyanim:

Cool, so then by the looks of things I need to switch back to P1 then. Hopefully this sorts it out.

aslam

You might as well try it and see how it goes, if you have a sps, it will make life so much easier.

NeoSA1

Ready to race!
Comments removed by author. *political reasons - again*

Last edited:

NeoSA1

Ready to race!

Last edited:

NeoSA1

Ready to race!

Last edited:

Fleron2301

Go Kart Champion
We're running 95 Octane, not RON. There is a difference between OCTANE and RON. South Africa, doesn't use "RON" graded pumps, we believe in OCTANE levels.

RON and R+M/2 both measure Octane, just differently. I'm pretty sure you guys have the same petrol as in Europe, i.e. RON. If what you guys have is 93, 95, and 98, it's most likely RON. If it's 87, 89, (maybe 91), and 93, then it's probably R+M/2.

Little Bastard

Well as I stated the dealer knew 'Stage 1' had these problems, and were common. I wanted to go 'Stage 2' anyways, regardless of what the dealer said, they mentioned that they never had issues like that on 'Stage 2' so I was like, bonus.

The VW dealer had logged the issue at my 60 000km service, the only problem the car had was the waterpump, brakes and this 'high fuel pressure' error. They fixed all, and cleared that code as I mentioned it might be 'tune' related.

I have no doubt in my mind that its tune related, the car never gave me issues like this when it was stock, only since we flashed the car.

My question is, why is it that almost ALL the cars I see with Stage 2 P2 on is cool and not doing this apart from a couple of us.

I dont know I am pretty confused at this stage, and will try and see how P1 works, however, P2 works for lots of guys that I personally know on 95 octane. I am also pretty sure its RON down here...so that might be it?

The dealer drove with me and logged as we flashed, so that was not an issue. The car was running amazing for a week or two until yesterday. :(

NeoSA1

Ready to race!

Last edited: