GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

fully loaded apr chip

EuroDubn Gti

Jdm>Eater
Car(s)
07 Gti
So i am currently looking to trade in my gti for an evo9 or 06sti . But i have a fully loaded apr ecu and i dont want that to go to the dealer. So my question is is there anyway someone can trade me a stock ecu plus money for my fully loaded apr ecu?

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
I feel you, but you cannot merely swap ECU's. It would probably cost hundreds to marry the ECU to another car.

Crispy21

Banned
Car(s)
2008 VW GTI
I think the ecus tied to the vin so it would be hard ive herd someone do this with GIAC i believe

MkvMatt

Ready to race!
Car(s)
07 Gti
Why don't you just use the cruise control stock to set it back to stock?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Because college classes are boring

UGFast89

The Dubster Sith
Car(s)
2007 VW GTI
Why don't you just use the cruise control stock to set it back to stock?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Because college classes are boring

he wants to make money from it rather than give a fully loaded chip that cost well over 1k to a dealership.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
Im pretty sure APR will do it for free if you send both ECU's to them.. ill buy it!

I doubt it but you can ask Arin. I thought technically you are merely a licensee of the software and are authorized to use it on that particular vehicle and never own it. If you buy a car with say stage 1 software already installed you are not entitled to free upgrades, right?

UGFast89

The Dubster Sith
Car(s)
2007 VW GTI
I doubt it but you can ask Arin. I thought technically you are merely a licensee of the software and are authorized to use it on that particular vehicle and never own it. If you buy a car with say stage 1 software already installed you are not entitled to free upgrades, right?

Yes you are.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
Yes, I am right, or yes they will do free upgrades to subsequent owners? And I asked Arin; will post his reply.