GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Fuse for dashcam?

andygodber

Anyone recommend the best fuse/fuse slot for a dashcam?
F52 seems to be the ACC/cigarette ligher slot; its full size though, so my old add-a-fuse is too small.

Also, the usefull Ground connector from the Mk7.5 is gone and I cant see another easily - any clues?

Pinocchio

Passed Driver's Ed
F52 is the correct fuse to use,and piggyback. I have tried fitting my nextbase but like you locating an earthing point is an absolute pain so havn't got it connected yet.

andygodber

Ive had another look. There is a bolt in the fusebox area (I think it might be the same one that was in my 7.5) but it is now inaccessible due to a plastic trim which covers the lower part of the fuse area.
Its just below two relays marked 646.
Ive tried to show where but will take a better photo when the light is right.
fuse1.png
fuse2.jpg

Trickydickie

If you take off the panel at the end of the dash with the passenger airbag off switch in it, you can bolt an earth to the metal structure of the dash. I also used a fuse that is only live with ignition ontempImageamxyQO.pngtempImageJvHWQv.png

Trickydickie

Yes it is tight but only held with clips. I use a small flat screwdriver and a cloth. The cloth goes behind the screwdriver shaft to stop any damage. Once it’s off it’s a lot easier the next time.