GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Garage Decor

dtfd

Autocross Champion
yeah i can usually suck it up in the winter time, might one day get a heater. but window mount a/c unit is where my moneys going first, since i'm more of a 'work on the car and hang out in the garage during the summer' kind of guy.

of course my midwesterner pride makes we try to embrace the cold with a friendly grimace.
Torpedo heater.
1651249028256.png

They work marvelously.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
What about getting a ductless mini split instead?

I considered that for my garage, but deemed it not worth it. Would be $1,200 - $1,400 or so. Have one upstairs though to cool the kitchen/dining/living room area, and love it.

Rice, if you don't want to install a whole ass window just for an A/C, one other option could be what I did for my downstairs, where our offices are. I got a stand up A/C unit, and just drilled a 4" hole through the wall and installed a dryer vent to plop the exhaust tube into.

20220429_121956.jpg

I might actually do that in the garage too, now that I'm thinking about it...

clownish

just clowning around
is that KTM orange I spy?

i staved off buying gtx or efr by buying a little toy for a few years. Bought from a kid who crashed a liter bikes, got scared and sold everything off. edit: he'd never registered it, no muffler. I ride it normally. Sounds exactly like a dirt bike; kinda rides like one. Great up around town. Not a highway cruiser. It didn’t work tho. I still buy car parts.
EC05E923-8294-44F5-89A5-ADF54AC183B4.jpeg

this came literally today.

981CA05B-4C37-429D-B660-560C51BBB5B7.jpeg

And speaking of wooden shelves, I’ve had this old wooden ladder hanging here for so long I wouldn’t even trust it as an actual ladder.
BB5E4B54-058E-4712-896A-9420F208D1DE.jpeg

Last edited:

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
i staved off buying gtx or efr by buying a little toy for a few years. Bought from a kid who crashed a liter bikes, got scared and sold everything off. Never registered, no muffler. Sounds exactly like a dirt bike; kinda rides like one. It didn’t work tho. I still buy car parts.
View attachment 247608

this came literally today.

View attachment 247609

And speaking of wooden shelves, I’ve had this old wooden ladder hanging here for so long I wouldn’t even trust it as an actual ladder.
View attachment 247610
Nice you haven't installed those rods yet...there's still time to return them and buy FFE rods 🤷

clownish

just clowning around
Nice you haven't installed those rods yet...there's still time to return them and buy FFE rods 🤷

Tell me more. Supposedly with new bearings, these are drop in and good to more than I'll ever build for? FFE uses Brute Force, right? Are they more reliable? Better fitting?

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Mostly done. Big difference. Much more room for car and acticities than before. Also put moar decor up. Looks much less like a mess from the street.
20220429_173159.jpg
20220429_173209.jpg
20220429_173218.jpg
20220429_173229.jpg
20220429_173415.jpg

clownish

just clowning around
A dude near me has his entire garage plastered with metal car signs. I would get a pic of it but he stands in the driveway all day drinking beer. It’s pretty hilarious

I had a small collection of stop, yield, mind the bump signs. Used them as undercarriage, spare weld backstops, and one "overweight on bridge" sign I still have above the mantle. Wife hates it.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
A dude near me has his entire garage plastered with metal car signs. I would get a pic of it but he stands in the driveway all day drinking beer. It’s pretty hilarious

Sounds like you need to assert some dominance.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Oh yeah those are some silly fucks

I do have like 10 license plates from previous cars of mine i gotta start hanging up

Also there is an intersection that is literally my dads name, as in _first name_ rd and _last name_ st. I gotta go chop it down one day for his garage.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Also there is an intersection that is literally my dads name, as in _first name_ rd and _last name_ st. I gotta go chop it down one day for his garage.

Ain't got nothin' on me.

1651280073565.png