GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Gbot's 19R 2.5VR6T Build

Which engine for the Turbo VR build is it gonna be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
Yeah, not that I am able to share details on unfortunately. Things are tight to the vest and been in regular contact about how things are progressing. The tl;dr is still more the same-- the car is very close but not quite there and am not able to speak to anything beyond that.

Have seen some WIP photos and visited the car in person and it's all exciting beyond words but yeah, the delays are wearing me down. I have full sympathies though, it's tough to do a world first like this and hit the OEM+ quality in the results and know everyone is going to be as excited once photos and video can be shared. It'll be worth it.
Do they plan to offer a swap kit? Knowing HPA it will be 60K

gboticus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 R DSG
No I am pretty sure it’s not going to. There’s a lot of machining and bespoke parts which need to be made, and it really does look like it came from Wolfsburg.

gboticus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 R DSG
Preview of coming attractions (shared with permissions!)

1679006665565.png

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny

No I am pretty sure it’s not going to. There’s a lot of machining and bespoke parts which need to be made, and it really does look like it came from Wolfsburg.
Mk6 vrt kit is 90k + 25k labor and your own provided mk6R (before Covid world inflation too)
8876D5DF-F524-4326-8AC1-8E1C0C8EEF6E.jpeg

gboticus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 R DSG

gboticus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 R DSG

gboticus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 R DSG
I checked out the state of the build in person today, and let me say that the photo of that turbo does not do it justice. It's fucking huge. I can almost fit my fist into the inlet.

gboticus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 R DSG

gboticus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 R DSG
Hoping to share something soon

gboticus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 R DSG

gboticus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 R DSG
Finally. Sounds great.
Should be pretty rapid progress from this point on.

To clarify this is a 2.5 correct? Is there a dollar amount attached to swap cost yet? What other details can you share?
Yes, it's the 2.5L VR6 turbo engine. I don't want to quote dollars or details ahead of their own marketing and media disclosures sadly. They've been such an amazing partner in sharing the journey up to now, all fits starts and delays aside!