GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

General Car, Inferior or Superior Interior, & Eternal Mullet Barge Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

D Griff

Go Kart Champion
General Car, Inferior or Superior Interior, & Eternal Mullet Barge Discussion Thread

I don't know about everyone else, but I really enjoy talking about cars. We all love them, we all sip Kool Aid of some kind, whether it be the Euro, Honda, VW, K04, Ford, GM, or any other variety. With recent closings due to the derailment of threads about the 2015 Mustang, WRX, etc. I think it's time we have a place we can come to just chat cars.

Here, we won't get reported for mentioning intercoolers like we do in OT. We can debate the differences between having a 33 mm rear sway bar versus a solid rear axle. We can provide reasons why the Ford Mustang REALLY is a muscle car. We can lament what Honda was in 1996 and dream that one day they'll make interesting cars again. We can discuss how often VWs break down. Nate can hate anything that wasn't engineered in Germany. Troy can discuss his longing for a 2000 pound, 700 hp RWD wagon with 85 ft^3 of cargo space. NEEK can inform us of the progress of his mullet. I can battle with Jawn about the merits of Grabber Blue and Gotta Have it Green. Max can mention buying cars and never follow through. We can often mention the BRZ/FRS's lack of power and how we all strive to be part of the Miata owner's club, despite the gayness that such membership implies. We can go wherever we want to go as long as it's car related and yet the thread will remain open.

Let's talk about cars.

D Griff

Go Kart Champion
I'll start this out:

Ford Focus ST > VW GTI other than interior.

D Griff

Go Kart Champion
The GTI does do what it's inteded to do really, really well. It's one of the best affordable DDs out there, but sometimes it just really doesn't feel that fun to me. It amazes me how much more fun I have driving my 100 hp Miata with epic interior rattles and broken everything.

Merkle

Banned
I would love to talk muscle cars, but no one really seems to know that much about them...

That conversation still cracks me up.

Bender1

Banned
I'll start this out:

Ford Focus ST > VW GTI other than interior.

For some people.

yeah... honestly its a neat little car, but I wasn't hugely impressed when I was in my almost moving on phase a few months back. It had gobs of power but it wasn't really usable and it didn't feel... right. Nothing I can define clearly. Just didn't work for me.

Calvinball

Go Kart Champion
yeah... honestly its a neat little car, but I wasn't hugely impressed when I was in my almost moving on phase a few months back. It had gobs of power but it wasn't really usable and it didn't feel... right. Nothing I can define clearly. Just didn't work for me.

Well, I've already gone through my thoughts on it in my...erm..."build" thread, but to sum up.

I thought it drove well, didn't feel as powerful as I was expecting. Steering response was amazing. Way too flat-brim boy-racer inside, and the killer was the back seat. Ain't no baby seat gonna fit in there in a reasonable manner.

Bender1

Banned
Well, I've already gone through my thoughts on it in my...erm..."build" thread, but to sum up.

I thought it drove well, didn't feel as powerful as I was expecting. Steering response was amazing. Way too flat-brim boy-racer inside, and the killer was the back seat. Ain't no baby seat gonna fit in there in a reasonable manner.

I don't understand the market they are going for with it.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Not a bad idea for a thread, D Griff.

I've always been intrigued by the ST after I drove it on the roads and ice track I went on back in Jan. It handles like there was a HUGE focus on FWD dynamics, but that typical Ford interior just ruined it for me. The stack was a cluster of too many moving parts. And the orange looked yellowish and rather off putting in the direct sunlight.

So...M3/M4....not bad. Styling is a bit...out there for me, but the details are surely fitting. ~430hp 33000lbs. Seems like the M heritage won't die out, which is a great thing. They'll need that to compete with Hyundais N Group. :lol:

troyguitar

Go Kart Champion
I'm convinced that the c5 allroad is the best street car with a few mods. 350 hp with stage 2, AWD, superior interior, epic space and towing capacity, bags for all your stance needs, and cheap.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Bender1

Banned
So...M3/M4....not bad. Styling is a bit...out there for me, but the details are surely fitting. ~430hp 33000lbs. Seems like the M heritage won't die out, which is a great thing. They'll need that to compete with Hyundais N Group. :lol:

I am very enthused by what I have seen so far. There is something about it that doesn't quite speak to me... yet... I am sure once I see one in person that will change.

Status
Not open for further replies.