GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Getaway in Stockholm

Treadup

Autocross Champion
I’m once again fortunate to travel to an awesome place for work. I flew into Stockholm Sweden today and so far it’s awesome.

I wanted to start a thread were I share the cars and sites I see here that I find interesting like I did when I was in Finland.

A lot of walking around today and I mostly took photos of the architecture seeing that this city is really set up for walking and biking. When I’m back in Stockholm next weekend I plan on visiting the VW Showroom in the city center. Photos past showed a TCR race car in the showroom so who knows what I’ll see there.

Here’s a few cars and sites I found interesting.
Didn’t know euro mk7 Rs had a different front bumper.
7EBB568D-1AEA-4FAA-8093-1AC02F06F06F.jpeg

41A79607-93B2-466C-B511-74B9D2234696.jpeg
1B8AC6B7-5B87-4B4F-8F0B-7CBB80B0900D.jpeg

I been to a few cool places around the world and Stockholm tops them all by far. My advice is to walk around, not drive, when you go to a new city. You see a lot more or should I say, notice a lot more.
18054ECF-A906-47E1-9537-78C891028E94.jpeg
61E91B4B-8E78-4ED1-B23F-D99CCBF03E81.jpeg
DC2A8E45-5339-44F3-B98D-428C9FA08FD1.jpeg

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
I always wanted to travel to the Scandic countries. Without my job I’m not sure I ever would have.
What makes you say the closest you’ll get?
I'll just not have an opportunity to go there.

Daks

Autocross Champion
Always wanted to have sex with a Swedish woman - alas, it never happened. Hope it’s in the cards for you.

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Excellent pics. I love the European architecture. The type of cars in general are very different over there. I don't think the Golf in your pic is a Gold R...but an "R-Line" Golf.

I went to Germany in 2000. Spent a lot of time getting lost.

GenX Retread

Drag Racing Champion
Stockholm is my second favourite of the cities I've visited. I have pics of that same square in Gamla stan and I took a few good shots on that bridge too. LOL... I also bought a battery for my camera in that camera shop.

bentin

Autocross Champion
Stockholm is my second favourite of the cities I've visited. I have pics of that same square in Gamla stan and I took a few good shots on that bridge too. LOL... I also bought a battery for my camera in that camera shop.
Come on, what’s your favorite?

Treadup

Autocross Champion
Always wanted to have sex with a Swedish woman - alas, it never happened. Hope it’s in the cards for you.
My wife would disagree.
That’s just an R-Line Golf, probably has a 1.2L diesel.
Ah ok. The Cadiz through me off.
Berlin for sure. There's so much history there, and I have a couple of personal connections to the city.

It's also WAY cheaper than Stockholm, or anywhere in Scandinavia.
Germany is on my list one day as that is where my fathers family hails from.

While walking last night we came across This old street which reminds me of Diagon Alley from Harry Potter. I wish I had a real camera here with me.
44632C5B-A7AF-4293-9680-B559616E83D5.jpeg

I am driving 3 hours south to Västervik today where I’ll be for a week. I’ll commute to the OKG nuclear plant from there and be back in Stockholm for next weekend. I’m planning on checking out the Vasa Museum and will be sure to share pics from there.

Almost forgot about the F18-Hornets we saw back at the ILM airport. So bad ass.
0B3E3B4E-3919-4554-B434-BC19EDF2DABA.jpeg

GenX Retread

Drag Racing Champion
The Vasa Museet is neat. I liked the Swedish Museum of Natural History too, lots of Viking stuff there. Check out the Nobel Prize museum too if you can. When I visited there was a Museum of Modern Photography between the harbour and the train tracks; it was... interesting, if slightly like being in a storage closet of pics from a Rammstein music video. The Absolut Museum was closed for renos. The 200Km/h commuter train from Arlanda to downtown Stockholm was cool.

I stayed on an old yacht that's been turned into a hotel; it's basically on Riddarholmen in between the cathedral tower and the parliament tower in your earlier pic, very near the Supreme Court.

Have you noticed how physically fit and nicely dressed Swedes are? Even the old people look super fit.

Last edited: