GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GOLF 8 R Infotainment

PVH

Hi!
I purchased 5 months ago a Golf 8 R full options.
After 4 months the infotainment screen went black- we know the issue :-(
No radio, tel interface, temperature and ventilation control, ACC, PDC, and plenty of others.
Brought the car for service - they kept it for 1 week - 5 min after first drive the infotainment started rebooting over and again
The next day it went black again
Managed to have a meeting with direction who told me bluntly that this car has the latest software and nothing more can be done !!!
Germany does not react. We informed them we are going legal - much afraid the next class action looms for VW
Das war "das Auto"

Attachments

• 20210915_161314.jpg
    20210915_161314.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 85

Massimo 2323

Drag Racing Champion
Oh my god , I think my next car is going to be a different brand , if they act like this..
So is every Golf 8 R having the same problem? I dont think so.. this is hardware related…
For them its the easy way out to blame everything on the software…

PVH

I have one of the first GOLF 8 R in Poland and drove 13500 KM in the first 4 months before the problems occurred. The car drives fine , but that's it. So good as all the options are out of order. last month I drove a 3000 km business trip without radio, tel., temperature control, driver preference , PDC . Frustrating. But worst is VW is apparently unable to fix. They announced in January 2021 that all the Golfs 8 must receive an update of software - but mine has been produced in March 2021

PVH

No idea, the car has been released from Germany Wolfsburg on 23.04.21. There is no info on the docs. This is my 4th Golf. The previous one was a Golf 7 R- brilliant car with absolutely no complaints. The big error I made was to assume after their dieselgate mess, VW would make a faultless work with the next generation Golf- their flagship model -once standing for quality

Massimo 2323

Drag Racing Champion
I see you have a Harmon Kardon system… and u cant even use it🤦‍♂️😂😂
This is terrible… my blood is boiling .. so i dont want to think how your feeling..
There is no way this is a software problem…
They need to swap the infotainment unit..

PVH

Yep; a 50 000 euro car with full -useless- options. Not sure about swapping the infotainment unit. Anyway I am looking at the bigger picture and have put a lawyer on it as they knowingly sold a product with a hidden defect which entitles me to claim the whole amount of the car. I have totally lost trust in this system . On the German website you can find plenty of info from customers with identical problems.
And German Tv Autovox from RTL made recently a doc about it

PVH

they just informed me after a meeting between VW Germany and Poland that they will exchange the driver unit of the screen

PVH

They changed the driver, the infotainment screen and upgrade the Software -although they told me earlier they could not upgrade. Additionally I have now an online upgrade of the software. For time being it seems to work. They asked me to confirm in writing that everything is OK - which I politely refused.

PVH

The infotainment partially broke down again after no more than 24 h from repair: telephone, radio, media and navigation are out of function. Endless story. (n)

giovanotti

Passed Driver's Ed
Eric of Ayr: to see your video, must be logged on Vimeo - not open for public users...

My 5 cents: since IOS 15 upgrade to my Iphone XR, Carplay wireless works much faster. Golf Style, Discover Media, SW 1664
Creating me doubt, should I prolong WeConnect Plus 145€ subscription (will expire in 2 weeks after 1 year) at all.