GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf 8 R performance pack

sotoole

I’ve had my R for a few weeks having previously had a Golf 7 R manual. Options I have are Lapiz, leather, DCC, performance pack, Harmon Kardon sound, Xpel ppf, and reverse camera. Thoughts so far:

- excellent steering
- effortless performance
- very refined
- good seats

However quite a few annoyances which is spoiling the experience
- appalling user interface just about everything is difficult to find
- spending 5 mins everytime you start car to reset all the pointless nannying features eg the lane assist
- dim witted DSG it’s really slow to kick down unless you are in race
- dangerous ACC which decides itself to slam on brakes on the motorway when it thinks there are speed limit changes
- steering wheel heating which switches itself on everytime you start the car

I’m really hoping I start to like the car but I’m afraid it’s a disappointment after the Mark 7. In summary seems VW have loaded the car with lots of features to justify the price hike but it’s meant to be a hot hatch not a limo. You pay for pointless features you want switched off but the real safety features of value, like the rear camera, are optional extras.
Shane

Massimo 2323

Drag Racing Champion
Hi sotoole Congrats also we would love to see your beautiful Golf R :love: :love: .
Yes most of the problems are software dependent...
I have the latest 1668 and also have the steering wheel glitch.
To quickly disable the lane assist just press the little button on the side of the indicator stalk and a list of the driving assist will pop up in the dashboard.
Just press the Ok button on the right side of the steering wheel and it will disable the lane assist.
tempImageA19Em1.png

What software version is your Infotainment? it is either 16xx or 17xx
Go in to Settings and then System Information:
tempImageyOzOgI.png

sotoole

Thanks for the reassurance:) I’ve 1788 software but I think a trip to VW is needed about the steering heating. Thanks

Attachments

• 1DF37E78-3EA4-44E5-AE04-1F80B84E417F.jpeg
    1DF37E78-3EA4-44E5-AE04-1F80B84E417F.jpeg
    4.6 MB · Views: 262
  • 95714B53-B0D0-47FA-ACCF-2DAB571F2F58.jpeg
    95714B53-B0D0-47FA-ACCF-2DAB571F2F58.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 241