GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf 8 standard front bumper pieces

MikeMK8

Ready to race!
Hi friends, a while ago i saw on the internet somewhere that these pieces on the r line are sold for the standard golf 8. Can't find them anywhere. Any idea where?

Attachments

• 2021_Volkswagen_Golf_R-Line_TDi_S-A_2.0.jpg
    2021_Volkswagen_Golf_R-Line_TDi_S-A_2.0.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 177
Last edited:

MikeMK8

Ready to race!
Is that not part of the specific R Line / GTI / GTD bumper design - not just parts added to a standard bumper? I have saved links to a lot of VW parts suppliers and cannot see these available anywhere. If you have any model other than basic Golf MK8, for effect you could black out the car colour / chrome parts of the standard bumper or just the chrome if the car is black. See what forum member Massimo 2323 done here.......

https://www.golfmk8.com/forums/index.php?threads/white-pieces-on-non-r-line-bumper.395602/
Yeah I'll do that to the standard bumper like Massimo's car but also looking for those plastic gloss black pieces to add around the black part of the bumper like the R line and GTI has

SRGTD

Autocross Newbie
Yeah I'll do that to the standard bumper like Massimo's car but also looking for those plastic gloss black pieces to add around the black part of the bumper like the R line and GTI has
Would those black trim pieces on the R-Line bumper actually fit a standard mk8 Golf bumper? Looking at the two pictures below, I think there are subtle differences to the bumper design of the R-Line and the standard Golf.

First picture is the standard Golf. The outer sections of the bumper - the part that is level with the number plate - appear deeper on the standard bumper compared to the R-Line’s. The section that the number plate is mounted on looks the same depth as the number plate on the standard bumper but on the R-Line, it is narrower as the bottom edge of the number plate extends down slightly into the upper section of the lower grille. I think that might be because the large lower grille appears (to my eyes at least) deeper on the R-Line compared to grille on the standard Golf. The tow hook cover is a different design and the upward sloping angle of the bumper under the tow hook is steeper on the R-Line compared to the standard bumper. Difficult to tell from the pictures, but there may also be other subtle differences in the profile of the two bumpers. bumpers in the areas where those black trim pieces are attached to the R-Line bumper.

All of the above may mean those gloss black trim pieces on the R-Line bumper won‘t fit a standard Golf bumper. An alternative option might be to find a company that vinyl wraps cars - they may be able to reproduce a similar effect by making a set of custom gloss black vinyl overlays that are the same style as those trim pieces on the R-Line bumper.

D5450D1D-CA46-46AC-909D-E26E5AFD4BAD.jpeg

A41BCFE5-BFCD-470B-BFDA-E3D1EF4C53BF.jpeg

MikeMK8

Ready to race!
Would those black trim pieces on the R-Line bumper actually fit a standard mk8 Golf bumper? Looking at the two pictures below, I think there are subtle differences to the bumper design of the R-Line and the standard Golf.

First picture is the standard Golf. The outer sections of the bumper - the part that is level with the number plate - appear deeper on the standard bumper compared to the R-Line’s. The section that the number plate is mounted on looks the same depth as the number plate on the standard bumper but on the R-Line, it is narrower as the bottom edge of the number plate extends down slightly into the upper section of the lower grille. I think that might be because the large lower grille appears (to my eyes at least) deeper on the R-Line compared to grille on the standard Golf. The tow hook cover is a different design and the upward sloping angle of the bumper under the tow hook is steeper on the R-Line compared to the standard bumper. Difficult to tell from the pictures, but there may also be other subtle differences in the profile of the two bumpers. bumpers in the areas where those black trim pieces are attached to the R-Line bumper.

All of the above may mean those gloss black trim pieces on the R-Line bumper won‘t fit a standard Golf bumper. An alternative option might be to find a company that vinyl wraps cars - they may be able to reproduce a similar effect by making a set of custom gloss black vinyl overlays that are the same style as those trim pieces on the R-Line bumper.

View attachment 252753

View attachment 252754
Yeah that's a solution but maybe something more permanent like those pieces but designed for the standard golf. As i said i saw them on an online store somewhere but can't for the life of me find it again.

SRGTD

Autocross Newbie
@LMWT - IMHO the problem with fitting a different bumper to the original factory bumper is that when the time comes to sell the car, any clued up prospective buyers who’d done their research could well spot the ’wrong’ bumper. That could set alarm bells ringing as it might give the impression the car has suffered frontal damage - hence the replacement bumper.

MikeMK8

Ready to race!
It's alright, will not be replacing the bumper i want a simpler solution. If there isn't one then i'll probably deal with it

MikeMK8

Ready to race!
That explains why I couldn't find the site, my knowledge of Turkish is -0. but I have a shopping list thanks to Google language translate / currency converter
  1. Black Golf emblem
  2. Black GOLF letters
  3. Pedal covers
  4. Door sill protectors
  5. Dust cap covers
  6. Side mirror Dynamic Indicators - not sure about these - Warranty issue / risk of breaking the mirror glas
  7. Fog light "Eybrows" that you were after - not sure about these either
All these would come to €130 - less than you would pay for maybe a small genuine VW part
Back to reality, the site appears to be for the internal Turkish market so my hopes are dashed and I suppose Northern Cyprus is out of the question for you (and the rest of us)

Happy shopping anyway :)
Thank you, btw I'm not from the North part of Cyprus

tos

Go Kart Newbie
I found (5H0807221G) GTI front bumper with 6 PDC holes (to my model Style) which is already painted to kingsred.

Under the bumper cover, "metallic bumper/crash support" is different size?
I think that it should fit if I change it to 5H0807109D...?

Other things to know?
@Massimo 2323 Maybe you could help, please :)

The red marks: they are lower on the GTI bumper than original Style.
1680023469658.png
There was a lot of sand behind these covers.

That huge wire is going to Defa charger kit, which helps to keep battery power at winter (Webasto use lot of power)
https://www.defa.com/product/chargerkit-1205-flex/

tos

Go Kart Newbie
Conversion done.

5H0807109D is the correct crash support and you can take the lower part (5H0 807 651 E) from your old crash support.
The Style foam (original 5H0 807 248) (gti 5H0 807 248 C) is also different, but you can cut it to correct shape.

Headlights must take away for getting crash support away.
PDC (6 sensors) wiring from old bumper.

Headlights and radars need basic settings, because they are removed from original place.

1681558354277.png

1681558231469.png

1681558509868.png

1681558790492.png