GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf GTD DELIVERY

SteveWint

Ordered a 'Black' standard (no extras) GTD in December 2021. Was told the car was already an order they had placed and was available with an expected delivery date of June 2022. Then October 22 then December 22, then October 2023.
Told today that the vehicle has an unconfirmed build week 23 anticipating a July delivery at present. MMMHHHHHH!!!!
The dealer (lease company) are trying very hard to offer alternatives, but I will have to sit it out as the price I got is incomparable to what they are quoting for the same vehicle now. There is no way I would give them the satisfaction of walking away to give them another £5K in leasing the vehicle to a new customer.

schwab0

Go Kart Newbie
holy moly .. you've been waiting like we have for our cars ... I'd just get a Golf R and be done with it ;)

SRGTD

Autocross Newbie
holy moly .. you've been waiting like we have for our cars ... I'd just get a Golf R and be done with it ;)

Judging by some of the posts on vwroc.com forum, wait times are no better for the Golf R; in fact they’re probably worse. Some members on that forum have ween waiting around two years for their new Golf R since ordering, and they still don’t have their cars 😲🤔.

I read on one forum (think it was vwroc.com) that VW have stopped taking new orders for performance Golfs in some markets - presumably to help them reduce / clear the current backlog of cars to be built.

Maturedriver

Go Kart Champion
Ordered a 'Black' standard (no extras) GTD in December 2021. Was told the car was already an order they had placed and was available with an expected delivery date of June 2022. Then October 22 then December 22, then October 2023.
Told today that the vehicle has an unconfirmed build week 23 anticipating a July delivery at present. MMMHHHHHH!!!!
The dealer (lease company) are trying very hard to offer alternatives, but I will have to sit it out as the price I got is incomparable to what they are quoting for the same vehicle now. There is no way I would give them the satisfaction of walking away to give them another £5K in leasing the vehicle to a new customer.
Being a cynic is there a chance that your leasing company is deliberately delaying your delivery in the hope you cancel so that they can supply another customer and pocket the five grand.

SteveWint

Being a cynic is there a chance that your leasing company is deliberately delaying your delivery in the hope you cancel so that they can supply another customer and pocket the five grand.
I have strong suspicions you are correct, but I am making sure they know I will not get bored waiting :)

Leigh877

I feel this pain I also ordered a new golf gtd December 21 I had loads of build dates but about 3 weeks ago I spoke to my dealer and it’s changed to status 20 confirm build week 18 this week I’m just hoping it don’t to long to get over here it should be getting build now 🤞

SteveWint

I enquired earlier and was told I was still on an unconfirmed BW of 24 (Wc 12.06) which woould anticipate a late July delivery.

Leigh877

I hope you get some good news soon it’s a long wait I was about to cancel mine but then had the phone call from my dealer to say my order was confirmed for bw 18 (wc 01.05) so it should be build this week hopefully 🤞