GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf MK7 latest software

Athanasios2104

Hello guys, just received my Golf 7 TDi 1.6 on Monday and i can't stop playing with its gadgets ever since :D . Quite a big leap for me, if you take in account that i was with a Golf 4 from 2004 until now - and still have the old "brother" around in top notch for its age!

Anyway, i've gone with the Composition Media and the software version is 0421. As aforementioned i received the car on Monday, but i just wanted to cross-check if this is the latest version (the dealer said it is).

Also, is there a way to add Greek as available language? I could use it to quickly Find contacts in the phone.

Finally, do we expect any updates for contacts not showing properly for iPhone users? I've seen it's common compatibility problem, i'm asking if VW is doing anything about it or it's just "meh".

Thanks in advance guys, i hope to be around this forum for some time now :)

drummerh

Passed Driver's Ed
Hello guys, just received my Golf 7 TDi 1.6 on Monday and i can't stop playing with its gadgets ever since :D . Quite a big leap for me, if you take in account that i was with a Golf 4 from 2004 until now - and still have the old "brother" around in top notch for its age!

Anyway, i've gone with the Composition Media and the software version is 0421. As aforementioned i received the car on Monday, but i just wanted to cross-check if this is the latest version (the dealer said it is).

Also, is there a way to add Greek as available language? I could use it to quickly Find contacts in the phone.

Finally, do we expect any updates for contacts not showing properly for iPhone users? I've seen it's common compatibility problem, i'm asking if VW is doing anything about it or it's just "meh".

Thanks in advance guys, i hope to be around this forum for some time now :)

Mine was flashed with 0423 today, in an attempt to solve various problems. I suspect that's the current latest.

Hello_Mr_Mo

Passed Driver's Ed
Mine was flashed with 0423 today, in an attempt to solve various problems. I suspect that's the current latest.

Hey drummerh, I'm assuming the dealer flashed/updated the software for you? With my service approaching, I'd be interested to find out if the dealer would do this for me.

drummerh

Passed Driver's Ed
It was done in an attempt to stop the screen from freezing, which I've had on and off for a while now. So far I can't tell if that's been fixed, but what does now work is that it saves the ringtone if you change it, which it never did before. It also seems a bit more responsive that on the earlier software.
I'm not sure if they'd routinely do it for you, it's been hard enough to get them to do it at all!

GolfPilot

Ready to race!
Checked mine today and it is 0430.

GP

cozinsky

Ready to race!
Is it possible to do it at all or do you need your dealer to flash it for you? Do they charge for it? Mine still runs version 0421 but I have made a booking for a software upgrade. My biggest gripe with my version is that the display does not switch over to the details of the new song but get stuck on the old song's details.

=JM=

Just hold the Menu button and you'll see a possibility to do an upgrade by yourself. But to get those files seems to be practically impossible.

tbuck128

Does anyone have an information on where we can get version history for these releases? I have a number of bugs with my mk7 gti using the lightning connector... my version is different from what you guys have, it's SW MU Version 0645, is that the same value you guys are reading the version from?

le0n1

Ready to race!
Anyone knows what the latest software is now?