GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf MK8 Camera from AliExpress

floraur

I am opening this new thread because I think we need to discuss where we are getting our cameras from.
I've searched the web for a solution and all I found in Europe on diferent online stores is 4-500€ offers.
I don't think is such a big deal to install it, so I thought it's time to search for something in China.

Not much on other websites or forums, but in the end I found one guy from Serbia who did the installation for his car, using THIS product from AliExpress.
Aleksa has done a very good video regarding the installation of this product and is preparing the second one for further instructions.
The important thing is that he made it by himself, everything is in order, the product comes with the right set of cables and accessories.

For now, I am expecting the product, if you bought other cameras from AliExpress, please tell us your experience.
I invite my virtual friend Aleksa, to tell us more about the hole procedure.

Last edited:

Stealth

I've ordered the same set using your link, will probably arrive in a month. Hopefully Aleksa will release more details as to installing that set.

floraur

The link is from this guy Alex, who already install it on his car.
He promised me to come here and give us some inside. He will do it...

floraur

Got the device today...
so I will try to install it, when I will get some time, with Alexa's help if he will be so kind to finish his video :)

Attachments

• IMG_7370.jpg
    IMG_7370.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 54
  • IMG_7371.jpg
    IMG_7371.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 52
  • IMG_7372.JPG
    IMG_7372.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 46
  • IMG_7373.JPG
    IMG_7373.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 47
  • IMG_7374.jpg
    IMG_7374.jpg
    5.2 MB · Views: 46
  • IMG_7375.jpg
    IMG_7375.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 45
  • IMG_7376.jpg
    IMG_7376.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 54
Last edited:

Chriz1

Passed Driver's Ed
Did the guy who did this video use the Aliexpress camera listed above or genuine?
I wonder what the difference in quality is ?
There must be a reason its cheaper

floraur

Come on man, he installed the camera from the link, bought from AliExpress... what question is that?
What sense has this thread if he installed a genuine camera?
I don't think is the real thing, but if it works I don't care much!
Looks like it does...

Attachments

• 5bb175a5-a81d-445c-be10-1ee58af08f81.JPG
    5bb175a5-a81d-445c-be10-1ee58af08f81.JPG
    175 KB · Views: 100

floraur

I managed to install the camera and I can say it's not an easy task. As you can see in the video, there is enough headache.
As I noticed OBD11 it's not enough, I need to search for an ODIS device so I can upload the dataset. Camera comes new and empty, it needs special attention.
That will be done Thursday morning, hope I can make it work. I have an appointment to the local VW dealer, he said that it will cost me 55€.

floraur

Couldn't make it work for now... I went to the local dealer, they said that it's impossible to install aftermarket products,
only original parts can be coded with their software.
I have an appointment for Monday, I am meeting a guy who is very good on this type of operations.

Chriz1

Passed Driver's Ed
I've given up and a fitted a used Highline Genuine Vw camera,
Bought harness online, all fitted and working all for under £200

floraur

Great news, I've made it!
Went to a really great guy in my area and he could make it work.
That means you can go and buy the camera, but you need to find a guy who can install it for you, at least the software part.
Budget for the entire thing is 200€ if the guy would to the installation also, I think it go ti 250€ or a bit less..

Attachments

• IMG_7630.jpg
    IMG_7630.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 85
  • IMG_7639.jpg
    IMG_7639.jpg
    887.6 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_7631.jpg
    IMG_7631.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 74
  • IMG_7632.jpg
    IMG_7632.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 73
  • IMG_7633.jpg
    IMG_7633.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 68
  • IMG_7634.jpg
    IMG_7634.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 73
  • IMG_7635 2.jpg
    IMG_7635 2.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 84
Last edited:

floraur

I need to add one thing, the rignt cable is not that one from my pictures, I bought more than one thing from that store and I mixed up with a Skoda Superb cable.this is the right one..

Attachments

• IMG_7649.jpeg
    IMG_7649.jpeg
    537.7 KB · Views: 45