GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf Mk8, here it is

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Maybe?

Not sure about this source...
http://www.cars-power.com/news/volkswagen-golf-8-without-mask/

I know there have been a few different pictures floating around (and even a video) other than those renderings that are about a year old now.
But these seem to be the most recent...

worldacgti

Go Kart Champion
Ya, and the video was the exact same car. I think this is most likely the MK8. I think it looks great. Especially the front.

AlexRok

Ready to race!
To be honest, I have my doubts seeing this. There are some weird artifacts in the photo that make it seem like it may be a render. Though I saw somewhere someone compared these images to a current gen Skoda and they were remarkably similar, especially the headlights.

It’s damn ugly if you ask me.

SRTie4k

Ready to race!
Whats wrong with wagons?

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
I really don't see why VW would be driving around in a production version of the Mk8 ahead of any major European car show...especially on a brand new body car. I still call shenanigans(or clickbait). I'm willing to bet when VW does finally does the actual release...it will look nothing like the frumpy cars in these pics.

worldacgti

Go Kart Champion
check out the new 2019 VW polo. My guess is the golf will look very similar to that. In fact, the polo looks like a smaller version of this MK8 spy shot.

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
Can anyone check that license plate to see what vehicle its registered to? I highly doubt they are driving around a production car with no camouflage pre-release. And if they were I doubt it would have a front plate