GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf R Mark 8 Spare wheel?

Butty

I know the car does not have a spare. Are the tires run flats?
Does it come with anything if you have a flat?
Does it have a jack etc in the car

Thanks

SRGTD

Autocross Newbie
The mk8 Golf doesn’t have run flat tyres. I don’t think you get a jack unless you specify the optional space saver spare when you order the car. You could always by a space saver spare and jack separately if the car you’re considering only has the tyre mobility kit.

This is from VW’s website on what the tyre mobility kit includes;

Tyre mobility set
This tyre repair kit lets the driver make temporary repairs to small punctures quickly and easily. It includes sealant and a 12-volt compressor to inflate the tyre. It also means you don't need a spare wheel - saving you weight in the car, helping lower fuel consumption and CO2 as well as giving you extra storage space.

https://www.volkswagen.co.uk/en/technology/car-safety/tyres.html

Batteryman

Hi, I raised the spare wheel issue on the forum a couple of weeks ago. I got my Style 150 in April - no spare wheel or jack included. The tyres are not run-flat types and I have the compressor/inflator plus the tin of tyre sealant as puncture repair kit. I'm trying to get hold of a space saver spare wheel, jack and wheelbrace - I feel better having these than having to rely on the sealant and probably a recovery truck when it doesn't work. As far as I can tell, my spare needs to be the 18 inch wheel with T 125/70 R18 tyre and at the moment I'm looking for the part number to ensure the offset is correct for the car, which has 225/45 R17 tyres on, standard ones from new. I'll post any info I find.

Genegenie

Drag Race Newbie
You get option wheels then ? My July 2021 Golf 8 150 Style has 225/45 R17 on Michelin tyres and came with spare wheel and jack, the obv 17" wheel only just fits into spare wheel well in the boot. VW were offering OEM spare wheel & jack for £100, though an 18" rim may well cost more....

bestservedwarm

I know the car does not have a spare. Are the tires run flats?
Does it come with anything if you have a flat?
Does it have a jack etc in the car

Thanks
You can't even buy one from a main dealer - VW don't supply a spare wheel despite there being a wheel well in the trunk.
I am selling my unused spare if interested...

Road Hero Spare Wheel Kit to fit Volkswagen Golf (Mk8) (from 2019 onwards)​

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/295587219495

Arky

I was lucky enough to have bought a rather ropey Mk7 18" full size spare from eBay to tide me over while a damaged wheel on my Mk7.5 was repaired. The Mk7.5 was nicked so I still had that wheel, which fits in the spare well on my Mk 8 But have to carry a jack and wheel brace too.

Silverstoned

What part of the world are you from? In Canada and the US, they give you a jack, lug wrench, security bolt key, the little hook for pulling plastic caps off the bolts, a baby air compressor and sealant. No spare. I purchased a new spare to go with the rest of the stuff for changing a tire as the sealant is rarely sufficient for fixing a flat and I wanted one for peace of mind. In an R, you will need to put the spare on the rear wheel only, so if you have a front flat, need to swap the rear wheel to the front, and put the spare on the rear. There isn't enough room for a full sized spare in the R so it's the best solution I could find.

Arky

What part of the world are you from? In Canada and the US, they give you a jack, lug wrench, security bolt key, the little hook for pulling plastic caps off the bolts, a baby air compressor and sealant. No spare. I purchased a new spare to go with the rest of the stuff for changing a tire as the sealant is rarely sufficient for fixing a flat and I wanted one for peace of mind. In an R, you will need to put the spare on the rear wheel only, so if you have a front flat, need to swap the rear wheel to the front, and put the spare on the rear. There isn't enough room for a full sized spare in the R so it's the best solution I could find.
I’m in the U.K. The ‘tool kit’ is just the inflater security bolt key and the aerosol tyre fixer.

Silverstoned

Given you're in the UK, there should be lots of options to build a kit for your car from a salvage yard. mini spare, jack, lug wrench and even the tool foam to keep it all tidy can be found in the GTI's from the last few years.