GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GOLFMK6 Confessionals

GTIJenn1

Go Kart Champion
I'm not a girl so I can't say I know how they think, but I feel like most think it's hard to be skinny. At least as skinny as they want to be (which is probably too skinny). I think guys have it a little easier.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Guys most certainly have it easier but my comparison of easy and hard was within the female gender. To be skinny, just eat less. To be muscular and toned, you have to eat a lot, but only of the right things at the right times then go to the gym and lift heavy shit and make sacrifices in more ways than just your dinner plate.

But I also think there are girls that want to be just skinny and very skinny. Size 0 is not a number I want on the back of my jeans.

But again, to each their own.

haleyann

Go Kart Champion
I remember when I was a size 0... that was before I had hips though.

Jenn, you look amazing. I don't have the desire/motivation/self-control to do what you do and I totally admire you for that.

I think I have found a soulmate here :wub:

haha ;)

I think he's saying that one girl will always say another girl is gross, because they're girls, no matter what.

Almost

I think fireball is saying muscular girls think skinny girls are gross and skinny girls think muscular girls are gross.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

This^

Ah well if this is the case, I'd probably agree only because us girls on the other side see it differently. My take, real quick: it's easy to be skinny. It takes a lot of work to be lean, toned, muscular and strong. I personally enjoy the work and seeing the results. There aren't many things you have ultimate control over in life but your body is one of them.

Glad they cleared that up for you.

Guys most certainly have it easier but my comparison of easy and hard was within the female gender. To be skinny, just eat less. To be muscular and toned, you have to eat a lot, but only of the right things at the right times then go to the gym and lift heavy shit and make sacrifices in more ways than just your dinner plate.

But I also think there are girls that want to be just skinny and very skinny. Size 0 is not a number I want on the back of my jeans.

DasAuto1295

Go Kart Champion
Jenn, although I agree with most of what you're saying and you take DAMN good care of your body, there are some skinny girls who do more than just eat less. Certain girls including my girlfriend were just born skinny. They still do squats, ab workouts, etc etc but just dont see the kind of gains that you do. Just want to make sure you know that, not trying to be snappy or anything. :thumbsup:

Sent from my HTC One X

Jenn, although I agree with most of what you're saying and you take DAMN good care of your body, there are some skinny girls who do more than just eat less. Certain girls including my girlfriend were just born skinny. They still do squats, ab workouts, etc etc but just dont see the kind of gains that you do. Just want to make sure you know that, not trying to be snappy or anything. :thumbsup:

Sent from my HTC One X

Speaking of which...Jenn, just scanned your instagram page....yea, id def do some sexting with you...haha

RSMark5

Go Kart Champion
And you drive a Saab FYL:bellyroll:

Its true, I CONFESS. I have not one but two. Between them, they have as many miles as Apollo 11, faster than either one of my stage 2 MKV's, and my 93 aero is the most reliable car I've ever owned and I paid less for it than most of the wheels on cars in the Slammed Mk6 thread. My passat lingers in my driveway for months at a time between being driven because I prefer driving a 20 year old swedish lump and the vw is always broken. :yikes:

I know, it doesn't make sense. Thats why its my confession. I had to get that off my chest. I never get to talk about how much I love that old hunk of crap because most people eyes glaze over the moment they hear saab. BUT!, at the same time I still want another VW (MK6).

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
Drove the girlfriend's Mini all weekend...

And then drove my GTI to work this morning. I hate my steering and shifter, and want a Mini now. Fuck.

Same here, drove my buddys stage 3 cooper s when the gti was only couple months old and gti felt like driving a bus. This is why im trying to snag a z3 coupe in few years as weekend car, its like mini with rwd and its super easy to drift with the dtc off

DasAuto1295

Go Kart Champion
Its true, I CONFESS. I have not one but two. Between them, they have as many miles as Apollo 11, faster than either one of my stage 2 MKV's, and my 93 aero is the most reliable car I've ever owned and I paid less for it than most of the wheels on cars in the Slammed Mk6 thread. My passat lingers in my driveway for months at a time between being driven because I prefer driving a 20 year old swedish lump and the vw is always broken. :yikes:

I know, it doesn't make sense. Thats why its my confession. I had to get that off my chest. I never get to talk about how much I love that old hunk of crap because most people eyes glaze over the moment they hear saab. BUT!, at the same time I still want another VW (MK6).
For some odd reason, I love Saabs. I dont have one, but I'm right there with you. I just have a strange attraction to swedish cars. :thumbsup:

mattdibart

Go Kart Champion

Not even remotely true for a lot of people. I know a ton of people who can starve themselves and will still be considered chunky. Some people just won't lose the weight unless they workout 5 days a week me being one of them. I probably eat WAY less then most people here and I will always have a higher body fat percentage if we work out the same amount. I need to workout A LOT to lower my body fat, just the way I am.

It is just the same in the opposite scenario. There are just some people that will eat and eat and eat and will never get fat, I know a few of those people as well. A lot of it has to do with genetics.

Not even remotely true for a lot of people. I know a ton of people who can starve themselves and will still be considered chunky. Some people just won't lose the weight unless they workout 5 days a week.

It is just the same in the opposite scenario. There are just some people that will eat and eat and eat and will never get fat, I know a few of those people as well. A lot of it has to do with genetics.

Then how come when obese people get their stomachs stapled they magically start loosing weight...o wait its bc they lie to people when they say they were eating right or not as much. Unless you have a documented medical condition of some sort...ur full of S***....i said the same thing about I have a slow metabolism and its hard for me to loose weight even if i eat right bla blah bla.... till I stop lying to myself and the people around me. yes some people loose weight at different rates but anyone who eats correctly can loose weight and be whats called skinny, its just called consistency and dedication. Now people who eat bucket loads and dont get fat...they exist. But yes just eating correctly is the ultimate slow approach to weight loss so you cant expect amazing instant results compared to those who bust their A$$ everyday.

btw starving doesnt work....body just goes into starvation mode unless you practice it as a way of life or something like anorexics

Last edited:

mattdibart

Go Kart Champion
Then how come when obese people get their stomachs stapled they magically start loosing weight...o wait its bc they lie to people when they say they were eating right or not as much. Unless you have a documented medical condition of some sort...ur full of S***....i said the same thing about I have a slow metabolism and its hard for me to loose weight even if i eat right bla blah bla.... till I stop lying to myself and the people around me. yes some people loose weight at different rates but anyone who eats correctly can loose weight and be whats called skinny, its just called consistency and dedication. Now people who eat bucket loads and dont get fat...they exist.

btw starving doesnt work....body just goes into starvation mode unless you practice it as a way of life or something like anorexics

Not full of s*** give your head a shake.

I am the example. I don't eat much, I just can't. Maybe I have an extremely small stomach but stuffing my face is an 8oz steak while trying to finish my sides at a restaurant. I know people my age and size that if they wanted to can tackle a 20oz steak in one sitting plus eat a large order of fries or other sides, that will never happen for me. I do eat often though and end up eating small meals often... which btw is supposed to be the best way to lose weight as it speeds up you metabolism.

With that being said I always gain weight VERY easily. I need to diet AND workout to lose weight. During my college years I was at the gym 6 days a week. I was in school for fire fighting so naturally my entire program lived at the gym. While I did gain a ton of muscle I could never shed off unwanted body fat until i basically gave up on weights and just ran for a couple hours a day.

Here is another example for you, I have Crohns disease (look it up if you don't know what it is). Most people with active Crohns find it difficult to put on weight yet I can't keep it off. SOME, I never said all people, will not just lose weight by not eating. Sure they will drop a few pounds but going from obese to overweight and getting stuck at a certain weight doesn't count as getting skinny.

*Edit - thought I would add that as someone with Crohns I am eligible to get my weed card or w.e it's called (I have no interest in doing so). Weed helps with the inflammation and takes away some of the pain but it also helps you eat so you can gain weight or maintain a healthy weight.

There are still a ton of people that just eat like shit aren't active and get their stomach stapled and will lose weight there is no doubt about that. For some like me that is just not the case.

Last edited:
Not full of s*** give your head a shake.

I am the example. I don't eat much, I just can't. Maybe I have an extremely small stomach but stuffing my face is an 8oz steak while trying to finish my sides at a restaurant. I know people my age and size that if they wanted to can tackle a 20oz steak in one sitting plus eat a large order of fries or other sides, that will never happen for me. I do eat often though and end up eating small meals often... which btw is supposed to be the best way to lose weight as it speeds up you metabolism.

Correct, never let your body go into starvation mode...which happens roughly 4hr after your last meal depending on the size.

With that being said I always gain weight VERY easily. I need to diet AND workout to lose weight. During my college years I was at the gym 6 days a week. I was in school for fire fighting so naturally my entire program lived at the gym. While I did gain a ton of muscle I could never shed off unwanted body fat until i basically gave up on weights and just ran for a couple hours a day.

Was your diet also very strict and healthy during this time period?

Here is another example for you, I have Crohns disease (look it up if you don't know what it is). Most people with active Crohns find it difficult to put on weight yet I can't keep it off. SOME, I never said all people, will not just lose weight by not eating. Sure they will drop a few pounds but going from obese to overweight and getting stuck at a certain weight doesn't count as getting skinny.

*Edit - thought I would add that as someone with Crohns I am eligible to get my weed card or w.e it's called (I have no interest in doing so). Weed helps with the inflammation and takes away some of the pain but it also helps you eat so you can gain weight or maintain a healthy weight.

There are still a ton of people that just eat like shit aren't active and get their stomach stapled and will lose weight there is no doubt about that. For some like me that is just not the case.

You sir, I just straight up feel bad for. You do indeed have some kind of medical condition tho...it doesnt follow the norm of the condition for w.e. reason but its a condition none the less....your in a separate category

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
dafuq happened in here.

mattdibart

Go Kart Champion
You sir, I just straight up feel bad for. You do indeed have some kind of medical condition tho...it doesnt follow the norm of the condition for w.e. reason but its a condition none the less....your in a separate category

I actually was eating pretty well, I say pretty well because I did have my cheat days but I should have been losing weight like a lot of my friends were.

Ya it sucks but its life, it isn't easy for anyone, I'm sure I'm lucky in some ways compared to others.

I kind of knew it was coming though because Crohns is hereditary and my dad has BAD Crohns. As soon as a couple symptoms popped up I was checked right away and sure enough they found it. At least I got to it early enough that a couple pills a day keeps most of the pain from messing with my daily activities.