GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Got a Wii

A1Drewski

Go Kart Newbie
my brother got a wii, its pretty cool. the motion sensitivity is amazing. just got finished bowling, you have to swing the ball and you can actually put a spin on it.
the only problem is that the controllers are really expensive.

Call.me.Junior

is overboard.
my fiancee went and got one this morning... splitting it with his brother for an early x-mas present. The bowling is pretty cool, so is the baseball and golf... tennis was one we didn't like so much. Boxing seemed to be the favorite between all of us. he also picked up excite truck (i think that's the title) and red steel. Yeah the controllers are crazy expensive... 40 for the one part and 40 for the other, i think, and the nunchuck one seems really cheap.

HACBassoon

Go Kart Champion
Is there any way to play the wii without flailing your arms about? Or is that the whole basis of the system? I'm just afraid it will become a vice later to the system. Plus, what if your tired? haha

A1Drewski

Go Kart Newbie
the main controller is 40, the nunchuk is 20 but is only an attachment for the main controller, and the classic controller is 20.

I went to 4 stores that were sold out of the nunchuk which makes no sense unless fewer were shipped than the main controller.

I am not sure if you have to move for all the games or not. they will be offering classic games that you can download for a couple of bucks.

Kauz

Go Kart Newbie
Just got mine today...camped out in front of a Target that had 51 in stock...I was #38 wooohooo...3am to 8am. I'm impressed with the game play...tons of FUN!!! I wasn't even planning on buying one...last minute after the bar type deal....

vDubr

myfastismycopilot
I definitely plan on picking one up. It seems like a lot of fun and it should kill some time until Gran Turismo HD comes out for PS3 :bow:

gtiTom

The Average Asian
I wish everything came in one piece with GT4 HD :frown: .. Have to buy addons and whatnot. But i'd love to have it :bow:

Minimaul

Chronic Masturbator
I heard a good analogy about using the Wii and (mainly) it's controller, it's a pretty fitting statement. "Playing the Wii [for the first time] is like the first time you masturbate."

Anyway.

I got my Wii on launch night no problems from Gamestop in the Dimond Center. Although, i was strapped for cash. I had to trade in some games for money down on Zelda: Twilight Princess and I still barely had the 20 bucks left over to pay it off. But, I did (now I'm carpooling to work, damn games)!

I got home at about 1:00AM loaded her up, and ejacu---got really excited! built a Mii of myself and played some Wii Sports. Played a little bit of each game. Tennis was kicking my ass at first, but now I'm getting it. Bowling is pretty damn awesome!

I played Wii Sports till about 4am then went to bed. Woke up nice and late at around 1pm and loaded up some Zelda! At midnight I realized it was probably bedtime--plus I was stuck--so I went to bed. Good freaking game. I was never a raging Zelda Fan, I played the one on N64 but didn't get far, started Wind Waker but didn't get far. I have to say, even if you're not a Zelda fan, it's a good game. Not perfect, but a good game.

When I (finally) get paid I'm going to pick up my copy of Banana Blitz, unless they put it back :(. and I'm going to get the WiFi dongle so I can load up internet stuff, even though it's not all working. There are a few Virtual Console games I'd like to get, but, probably won't get them right away. The VC games I really want aren't going to be out for awhile. So that'll save me some cash. Plus, I can weez some "Wii Point Cards" for christmas! :evil:

The whole system is pretty slick--or should I say 'sleek'. Everything runs smoothly for me. I had some weird controller thing; where on the right side of the screen the icon would get 'jittery'. but I moved the couch back, giving me more room between the TV(sensor bar) and myself, and it's not noticable now.

Wii Sports is pretty fun and a good way to just go mess around learning the controller, or getting new gamers into the gaming world---kind of, more on that later.

The controller vibrates, and has a little speaker in it. Whenever you 'mouse over' some stuff it gives a little vibrate, also some games will cause noises to come from the controller, chimes and what-not. FYI: You can turn down the volume of the controller speaker, I have mine on the last(lowest) notch possible and it's just fine. It blends in well with whatever volume the TV is at, unless it's mute or way, way up.

I'm not a 'sports game player' but Madden 07 for the Wii looks good and I've been hearing good things about the control system, and over-all game. The last madden game I played was Madden `96 for Sega. I used to kick my Grandfathers ass at that game! And at Super Bomberman, also (I LOVE SUPER BOMBERMAN!)

I really, really hope I can snag an extra controller or two for this holiday. I'm taking it to the families (we're all gamers, well, everyone except my mom, but, more on that later) for Thanksgiving so we can all play it. We usually always play some game, cards, video games, etc. Anyway.

Wii Sports could turn out to be a good drinking game too. Anyone with a Wii of their own and/or some extra controllers, and a nice TV with lots of room want to test this theory of mine out? I'll bring some beer, if you provide the place, and if I can sleep there too, since I don't drink and drive.

I really enjoy my Wii and I'm glad I got it. Now it's just a waiting game for the Mega-Super-Titles to come out, Metroid, Mario Galaxy, and Resident Evil 5.

Oh yeah.....

I finally got my mom to play a game, and guess which game it was? :) Zelda!

I started off with Wii Sports just to get her used to the controller, but, she wasn't having any of that: "I don't want to swing like an idiot, like you were." "I'm not going to stand up!" "I have Tennis elbow, but I don't play Tennis, now I'm really going to get tennis elbow!"

We played a round or two of Tennis, she laughed and had fun, but she wasn't into tennis. "I wanna play Zelda! that looks like fun. I want to slash things!"

"okay."

So I load up Zelda and let her run around and slash the things around there. she had fun and did pretty good. she's super spastic when she plays. when we were playing tennis she nearly hit me in the face everytime she swung--same with zelda-- and she'd say "WHOOMP!" everytime she'd swing. haha. she played for about twenty minutes, then i took over. all-in-all she had fun and i might be able to get her to play some more Zelda and maybe some other games.

:banana:

gti5dr06

Autocross Newbie
heh i felt the same way about the n64 zelda (the one released thanksgiving those many years ago) and played it pretty much straight through..it was awesome at the time but graphics wise it now looks like garbage lol..the fishing was fun though..and if my math is right this was about 6-7 years ago wow im getting old

Minimaul

Chronic Masturbator
no problems with my system, my controller, or my strap.

*knock on wood*