GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GSW 4motion manual build, come along!

Jedimk7

Drag Race Newbie
Hey everyone,
Been here a little while with my 2016 GTI Autobahn DSG, which I just traded in for my new 2018 GSW. Really wanted something a little bigger, manual, and AWD which quickly kept me with Volkswagen. I was going to get an alltrack but after realizing I didn't need the extra height and cladding, and the great deal I got with a 2018, I went for it. I have already over the last couple days have had all the windows tinted in 40% ceramic, and swapped my wheels from the GTI 18x8 tsw nurburgring's. I have a raceseng weighted knob on the way, and have been eyeing the diselgeek short shifter. I am new to the 1.8 having a mk6 and mk7 GTI, so I have been reading up on this new platform. Well enough said, here are some picks of the old and the new[emoji41][emoji106]

Sent from my Gavin Belson black box signature edition

Last edited:

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Use the Audi parts for the shift...& buy the diesel geek super pin...just have to remove the center console though!...aarrgghh!!

Have a read of my build & how to guides...

Jedimk7

Drag Race Newbie
Looks great so far. In for updates.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Thank you
Use the Audi parts for the shift...& buy the diesel geek super pin...just have to remove the center console though!...aarrgghh!!

Have a read of my build & how to guides...
Ok will look into that, wow removing the center console ..
The tint looks fabulous and the wheels look great too! I’m a wagon nut so of course I would dig it!
Yeah thank you, I'm really digging my first wagon!

Jedimk7

Drag Race Newbie
Got the piano black pillars paint protected, since these easily scratched on my mk7 GTI, door handle cup protected, and rear trunk deck protected. Also look forward to installing these this weekend, since I can't stand the inside lighting not being LED, at least the taillights and license plate lights are LED...[emoji16][emoji106]

Jedimk7

Drag Race Newbie
Just installed the new raceseng slammer shift knob, fairly easy install, feels great! Also AFe dry filter with snow guard removal, and started on the new LED deauto interior lights, so much brighter! [emoji41][emoji106]

Last edited:

Jedimk7

Drag Race Newbie
Just got done changing out all the interior to deauto LED bulbs, so much better! The hardest ones were the rear dome lights, since getting a good grip on the bulbs is tough even with my wife's tiny fingers. So I thought of this that I didn't see on any YouTube videos and it worked like a charm![emoji41][emoji106] I hooked them with a few little zip ties and they pulled right out...[emoji16]

Last edited:

Jedimk7

Drag Race Newbie
This today, good for at least 10hp[emoji41][emoji106]

Jedimk7

Drag Race Newbie
Just put these on, looks nice, should help with the kids, RGM Sillguards..[emoji41][emoji106]

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
I wonder where you got the idea from??….

LOL...

Jedimk7

Drag Race Newbie
I wonder where you got the idea from??….

LOL...
Just going down your list[emoji16], I almost bought these for my GTI but just never pulled the trigger, but thought these went well with all the recent paint protection [emoji41][emoji106]

Jedimk7

Drag Race Newbie
First Canyon run, gotta say it handles well, stays planted, good turn in, handles mid corner bumps good, really good starting point, I'm really liking the 6 speed, still getting my heel toe and have the wct pedal spacer on it's way to help with that[emoji41][emoji106]

Jedimk7

Drag Race Newbie
More pics please :D

Always low-key jealous of 4motion manual wagon builds. I need to make a R variant replica if I ever get the chance...

There's someone from Canada that has a facelift Sportwagen with R front end and R variant rear diffuser/exhaust. Looks the business!
Yes I was too with the GTI, looking at making a R variant look, looking at ordering the rear valance for some quad pipes[emoji41][emoji106] put the license plate frame and took some badging off to clean up the rear a bit[emoji16]
And yes need to wash the car, just been raining a lot ..