GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTI MK8 Spotted (spy shots)

danvilla413

Go Kart Champion
Yeah, I’m pretty meh on that whole front end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Faceman

Autocross Newbie
The notch on the bottom of the headlamp bothers me. Otherwise, no complaints.

Charlotte.:R

Autocross Champion
Nothing that makes it a hard pass from the photos. Looking forward to see an actual production version.

H

Huntermike

Still has ICE but those exhaust tips are squeaky clean! Possibly it’s maiden voyage. I’m still hoping for a mild hybrid with electric power to the rear wheels driven by a 48V electrical system. 300hp combined should do the trick. Hoping!

Wishing that the R has 400hp now that MB is well over that without hybridization.

Chad13762

Go Kart Champion
Argh - They did the same thing I was complaining about with the MB A35. The nav-o-tainment screen looks like an ipad that's just propped up on the dash.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a27480525/2021-volkswagen-golf-interior-spied/

I suppose it makes it easier to have mid-gen updates, where the screen gets bigger, and bigger and bigger, until it ultimately takes up the entire dashboard ;) It's manifest destiny.

Other than that, is still looks like a Golf....

Last edited:

vincevtr

Ready to race!
Still has ICE but those exhaust tips are squeaky clean! Possibly it’s maiden voyage. I’m still hoping for a mild hybrid with electric power to the rear wheels driven by a 48V electrical system. 300hp combined should do the trick. Hoping!

Wishing that the R has 400hp now that MB is well over that without hybridization.

the MB with 400hp is the a45 which i dont think the R is meant to compete with. obviously you can always do with more power but i think something around 320-330whp would be a great place to start for the R.

Charlotte.:R

Autocross Champion
Argh - They did the same thing I was complaining about with the MB A35. The nav-o-tainment screen looks like an ipad that's just propped up on the dash.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a27480525/2021-volkswagen-golf-interior-spied/

I suppose it makes it easier to have mid-gen updates, where the screen gets bigger, and bigger and bigger, until it ultimately takes up the entire dashboard ;) It's manifest destiny.

Other than that, is still looks like a Golf....

That looks so tacked on :rolleyes:

the MB with 400hp is the a45 which i dont think the R is meant to compete with. obviously you can always do with more power but i think something around 320-330whp would be a great place to start for the R.

I think 320-330 is a reasonable expectation. 400 probably isn't going to happen at sub RS3 prices.