GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTI Seat Bolster Wear

josephvman

My '22 GTI has barely 900 miles on it and already showing minor signs of wear of the driver's side seat bolster. I'm trim and pretty careful getting in and out of the car. My '17 GTI had the same issue and in 26k had significant wear, almost a hole, at the seam.

Does anyone make some kind of protector for this? I only ask because my Porsche GT3 has the lightweight carbon racing buckets and there are a couple of companies that make protective covers for the bolsters, and they're fantastic.

Seat covers aren't an option since I've got the ventilated seats.

Noize

Go Kart Champion
Doesn’t make any sense to me, has to be something that you’re doing. I went from a 17 to 22 also, no issues. Were they both leather or cloth?

SRGTD

Autocross Newbie
Doesn’t make any sense to me, has to be something that you’re doing. I went from a 17 to 22 also, no issues. Were they both leather or cloth?
This has cropped up occasionally over the years on various VW forums. wear of the outer seat cushion bolster is usually attributed to the way the driver gets in and out of the driver’s seat.

My last three VW’s (mk6 Golf GTD and two Polo GTI’s - all with cloth seats) have had quite heavily bolstered seats and I‘ve also not had any issues with bolster wear. I do try to ensure there’s minimal contact with the outer seat bolsters when I get in and out of the car though.