GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

**Gun Enthusiast Thread**

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Bendy Bill! Are you looking for a complete upper or a stripped one?

Escape Hatch

Autocross Champion
Bendy Bill! Are you looking for a complete upper or a stripped one?
Looking around to be honest. For simplicity a complete would be fine but then again I do not mind assembling a stripped. For context I have a Sig M400 and an X95 bull pup to meet most 5.56 needs so am considering longer range to accompany my .308 bolt action.

smanierre

Autocross Champion
BCM is always a solid choice and LMT if you wanna be gucci. Can also never go wrong with Daniel Defense if you got the money to shell out for it.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
It was good afternoon to go shooting. Skeet shooting was last after we wrapped all this up
9A2F5461-0AC1-4233-ACD9-D540EEB26A39.jpeg

smanierre

Autocross Champion

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Sure is…primary arms red dot
Any reason for it being so far forwards? Ideally it would be on the receiver since the handguard could deflect if being pushed up against something like a barricade.

smanierre

Autocross Champion

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Any reason for it being so far forwards? Ideally it would be on the receiver since the handguard could deflect if being pushed up against something like a barricade.
For quicker acquisition, both eyes open and it’s right over where my left hand directs the barrel

anotero

Autocross Champion
I decided to accurize my KO-44 (known as the M44 in the US), 1948 MY. It's a great thing there's good literature on the topic, as well as lots of knowledgeable people on forums.
I already managed to correct the issue of a hard to open bolt. Floated the barrel. Trigger work and shimming as needed are next. Most difficult part will be installing a side mount for the PU scope.

20211017_124934.jpg

Escape Hatch

Autocross Champion
I decided to accurize my KO-44 (known as the M44 in the US), 1948 MY. It's a great thing there's good literature on the topic, as well as lots of knowledgeable people on forums.
I already managed to correct the issue of a hard to open bolt. Floated the barrel. Trigger work and shimming as needed are next. Most difficult part will be installing a side mount for the PU scope.

View attachment 228492
That's sweet! How old is the barrel and how heavy is that weapon?

anotero

Autocross Champion
That's sweet! How old is the barrel and how heavy is that weapon?

As far as i can tell, it was never fired after being manufactured postwar in 48 and set aside for conservation.
The barrel looks excellent, as good as my new AK barrels.

As far as weight goes, i would say it's about as heavy as my Marlin 336 (about 7 pounds), maybe a tad bit lighter. This carbine has a non-detachable bayonet. Which i detached by pulling the bayonet lug bolt out with an impact driver. It's now not as nose heavy.