GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

**Gun Enthusiast Thread**

anotero

Autocross Champion
I describe the P-10 series as, "Like a Glock, if Glock cared more about ergonomics. Fixed front sight like a Glock, takes down like a Glock, positive trigger reset like a Glock, better slide serrations and grip shape, trigger feels like a Glock that has an out of the box trigger job."
CZ triggers are to die for.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Did the pillar bedding for my Mosin. I drilled the front hole near perfect, fucked up the rear, had to fill with JB weld like crazy. Will see how it does. Next up: the PU scope with the Kochetov mount.
Pillars are adjustable ordered straight from the Motherland.

Also made the front sight adjustable for elevation by drilling and tapping.
20220101_124201.jpg

20220101_124155.jpg

Escape Hatch

Autocross Champion
Weekend of cleaning a few in the collection, the Sig M400, the PTR 9CT, and the Tavor X95. Now it's time to go get them dirty again.

uberdot

Autocross Champion
How’s the Tavor shoot?

Escape Hatch

Autocross Champion
How’s the Tavor shoot?
Like it quite a bit actually, very comfortable. I have it mated to a Vortex Huey gen2 and a different butt pad. Just barely outside of SBR territory as it sites now.

20211220_134304.jpg

anotero

Autocross Champion
What do you know: i accidentally discovered that i cannot mount a PU scope on my Mosin the way it used to get mounted by design. My receiver is low walled on the left, and there's no meat to attach the mount base. I'm now in search of a new Mosin with a high walled receiver. :D

Can anyone recommend websites for buying a Mosin? All i know is gunbroker.

Escape Hatch

Autocross Champion
Was going to brecommend gunbroker, I have made several purchases through them.

anotero

Autocross Champion
What do you know: i accidentally discovered that i cannot mount a PU scope on my Mosin the way it used to get mounted by design. My receiver is low walled on the left, and there's no meat to attach the mount base. I'm now in search of a new Mosin with a high walled receiver. :D

Can anyone recommend websites for buying a Mosin? All i know is gunbroker.
What do you know, you CAN attach a PU scope mount on a low walled Mosin receiver. Just finished it yesterday.

Drilling four colinear holes in the receiver and making sure the mount is vertical and not canted is a pain. But i got it more or less square. It was fun. Now on to buy an actual scope.

Also, amen to using drill bits as retaining pins. Because modern makers of WW2 replica parts can't get their dimensions right.

20220126_183921.jpg

20220126_183941.jpg

anotero

Autocross Champion
That’s odd. Why is it illegal? Maybe there’s no ‘why’ in Californiastan…
There’s a 6 and 7 round magazine package you can get for it if that’s the case.
It's random. There is no real reason why a handgun should not be on a California DOJ roster.

There is a Kimber that's on the roster and the same exact Kimber, but with regular sights instead of tritium that's not. It makes no sense to look for any reasonableness in California.