GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

**Gun Enthusiast Thread**

crxgator

Autocross Newbie
81 goes through MD

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
I'd like to drive from Florida to Pennsylvania without touching Maryland, which would necessitate going through West Viriginia. Anyone have a favorite route that's fast? I'm sure I don't need to say why. :)

81 goes through MD
For like 30 miles... What's the issue? Guns go in a locked case separate from ammo, do not make any stops, even for gas, and follow traffic laws. You're simply passing through the state while transporting (different than carrying) your firearms.

B7C1742D-7C86-4009-892E-1A6D29401355.pngF1924A07-EFBB-4951-B9BB-6713748C80B2.png

Last edited:

crxgator

Autocross Newbie
For like 30 miles... What's the issue? Guns go in a locked case separate from ammo, do not make any stops, even for gas, and follow traffic laws. You're simply passing through the state while transporting (different than carrying) your firearms.
I’m not the one that’s afraid to go through MD. Just stating 81 goes through it.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
All depends on where in PA

FL to Pittsburg= 77-79 and avoids MD
Anywhere East of Altoona= 81 and goes through MD for a short distance.
Good call and you’re right. I’ve had to research the Md law in depth for several previous trips lol. As long as you are passing through the state there is no issue.

Edit…I see you already highlighted that.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
DPRMD I can them 😎

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
School me on pistol optics… I have a CZ P-01 on the way. I’ll have the slide milled, but curious as to who the leading brands are from others who may be more familiar. It appears the overwhelmingly popular choice for the P-01 is the Holosun 507K.

crxgator

Autocross Newbie
School me on pistol optics… I have a CZ P-01 on the way. I’ll have the slide milled, but curious as to who the leading brands are from others who may be more familiar. It appears the overwhelmingly popular choice for the P-01 is the Holosun 507K.
Im looking into the P01 for myself and it seems due to the slide shape that this is the reason the 507k is popular with that particular firearm. Now, if only I could find the urban grey version anywhere.

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Im looking into the P01 for myself and it seems due to the slide shape that this is the reason the 507k is popular with that particular firearm. Now, if only I could find the urban grey version anywhere.
Got it, thanks, that’s what I’ve gathered as well. Is there any other optic with a similar profile and fit on the P-01 slide that I should consider?

I think the urban grey tactical has been discontinued for the P-01 so if you find one, probably better jump on it.