GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

**Gun Enthusiast Thread**

PouncingPanzer1

Go Kart Champion
Does anyone else find it disturbingly ironic that more firearm legislation gets past a Republican majority more frequently then a Democrat majority?

Silly me, wasn't it supposed to be the other way around?

Faceman

Autocross Newbie
Does anyone else find it disturbingly ironic that more firearm legislation gets past a Republican majority more frequently then a Democrat majority?

Smoke and mirrors.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Charlotte.:R

Autocross Champion

2 sides of the same coin.

I don't like the precedent of the post de facto ban, and lack of compensation for the required turn in/destruction.

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
2 sides of the same coin.

I don't like the precedent of the post de facto ban, and lack of compensation for the required turn in/destruction.
This. Those things aren't cheap. Or regulated. Give people incentive to bring them back. Tax break or something

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Mike-E

Go Kart Newbie

FN RINOs are just Democrats in disguise. The swamp runs deep, my son.

Cameron1292

Ready to race!
Took my old man to the range today to shoot my 870. Hes never shot a shotgun before. I was coming from work and forgot my ammo but had the guns. I asked him to pick up some buckshot from Walmart. I specifically told him 2 3/4 buckshot. We meet at the range and what does he have? 1oz slugs at 1650 fps lol told him your first times gonna he a doozy. Glad I got video so I could show him how much it was moving his ass around lol

Sent from my ONEPLUS 5T using Tapatalk

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Lol..dang

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
I prefer low recoil ammo for anything except .22LR. In a self-defense situation, figure you're going to be nervous and miss what you aim for on your first shot, and with heavy recoil you'll probably never line up your second shot in time. Control is much more important than power, at least with a handgun. Just make sure your pistol cycles the lower recoil rounds properly. And forget about featherweight .38 revolvers. Even with the lightest rounds I could find, the gun rotated in my hand, even while wearing gloves, and I tested at 90 PSI on a grip gauge.

I laugh when I see actors on TV rapid firing their .40's at a range and making 1" groupings.

Cameron1292

Ready to race!
I prefer low recoil ammo for anything except .22LR. In a self-defense situation, figure you're going to be nervous and miss what you aim for on your first shot, and with heavy recoil you'll probably never line up your second shot in time. Control is much more important than power, at least with a handgun. Just make sure your pistol cycles the lower recoil rounds properly. And forget about featherweight .38 revolvers. Even with the lightest rounds I could find, the gun rotated in my hand, even while wearing gloves, and I tested at 90 PSI on a grip gauge.

I laugh when I see actors on TV rapid firing their .40's at a range and making 1" groupings.
Yea TV and movies are a joke with recoil management. My carry gun is a 9mm shield I carry subsonics. 147gr hst. Very easy to shoot. My j frame that is in my pocket on occasion isn't fun to shoot but I manage. I carry regular 38 in it not +p. My shotgun sits in my room and it's got regular buckshot in it and I can handle that fine. I'll pass on the slugs lol no point in using something if you can't control it. I have no shame in saying I hate 40 because it's way too snappy. I'd never carry it.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
My EDC is a .40 shield with hollow point. Snappy, yes, and require isn't rapid whatsoever, but you get used to it after hundreds of rounds. Hopefully if ever in that situation, should only need one shot anyways. I tried EDCing a Glock 30sf and that was too large.

Charlotte.:R

Autocross Champion
I don't like .40 in polymer weapons, but stainless steel soaks up .40 recoil with ease :)

Attachments

• !4006.jpg
    !4006.jpg
    366.3 KB · Views: 215

swcrow

Autocross Champion
On time delivery from Santa... With free mag pouch. Time for test run...

Cameron1292

Ready to race!
My EDC is a .40 shield with hollow point. Snappy, yes, and require isn't rapid whatsoever, but you get used to it after hundreds of rounds. Hopefully if ever in that situation, should only need one shot anyways. I tried EDCing a Glock 30sf and that was too large.
Do you have the ported version? Only 40 I've ever been able to shoot comfortably is the g21 ported

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Do you have the ported version? Only 40 I've ever been able to shoot comfortably is the g21 ported

Ah no, unfortunately.. That would be nice though. I'll be picking up a threaded barrel soon