GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

**Gun Enthusiast Thread**

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
I gave mine up when I was diagnosed with ptsd with psychotic features 🤷🏽‍♂️

I have a few friends in the same boat, if you ever need someone to talk to I’m all ears.

Seriously, for those who’ve sacrificed for our country the least we can do is have each other’s back when times get tough.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
I have a few friends in the same boat, if you ever need someone to talk to I’m all ears.

Seriously, for those who’ve sacrificed for our country the least we can do is have each other’s back when times get tough.
That’s very kind of you. Thanks. I’ve been seeing a psychologist at the VA 1-4 times a month since 2005. Talking helps a lot.

but thanks again for the offer. And especially for offering. I appreciate that dude!

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Ammo prices will never come back down. A bag of reloads cost $20 for 50 rounds of 9mm at the gun range. They didn't have any .40 available. I used to be able to get 100 FMJ new for $20 at my local outdoors store.

Last edited:

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
I used to be able to get 100 FMJ new for $20 at my local outdoors store.
Same....I got spoiled being 40 minutes from a huge ammo distributor where I could pick up 9mm for 15.7c/per. I’ve stacked tall and deep for the last few years and I just recently liquidated 20% of the stash to fund go fast parts 😂.

If prices ever go back down, forget Fidelity lol. I’ll just buy and hold ammo.

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Consignment gun prices are also off the hook here. I paid 540-ish for my Glock 23 in 2019. I saw one on consignment for just under 1k.😳

Escape Hatch

Autocross Champion
Ammo prices will never come back down. A bag of reloads cost $20 for 50 rounds of 9mm at the gun range. They didn't have any .40 available. I used to be able to get 100 FMJ new for $20 at my local outdoors store.

Eh, I think they will. Right now we have the laws of supply and demand in full swing. C19 in conjunction with increased firearm sales have led to reduced supply and increased demand. Once the market is filed with increased capacity it will stabilize. I bought into Ammo Inc. IPO a little bit ago and they currently have $150+ MM in sales back orders, ticket POWW if anyone is interested. Capitalism is a great thing and the ammo shortfall will be filled at some point.

Corprin

Autocross Champion
So it looks like we lost control of the Senate unless there's a couple of sensible Dems in it. I predict "ARs" and all hi-cap mags (at least 10-rounds) will be first to be declared contraband since states have already gotten away with it. There was talk before about banning any firearm CAPABLE of using a hi-cap, which technically covers a huge number of semi-auto pistols, since aftermarket companies make a variety of hi-cap mags to fit them. `

Who’s we? I feel we flipped the senate.

also banging drums and waiving flags bearing an AR while you attempt to overthrow the Congress... not exactly a self serving bunch.

That said, got my dimpling jig, so my 6mm ARC build should be done today.

krs

Autocross Champion
Who’s we? I feel we flipped the senate.

also banging drums and waiving flags bearing an AR while you attempt to overthrow the Congress... not exactly a self serving bunch.

That said, got my dimpling jig, so my 6mm ARC build should be done today.

They’re coming, expect that knock at your door in a few weeks.

I don’t really think prices have come back to what “normal” was since the Sandy Hook panic. Most I can tell the market has been flooded with cheap tacky tacticool junk to appease to the masses.

I read the NRA filed bankruptcy, glad I never donated to their mismanaged cause.

Corprin

Autocross Champion
They’re coming, expect that knock at your door in a few weeks.

I don’t really think prices have come back to what “normal” was since the Sandy Hook panic. Most I can tell the market has been flooded with cheap tacky tacticool junk to appease to the masses.

I read the NRA filed bankruptcy, glad I never donated to their mismanaged cause.

Is it going to be Obama coming to take them? I’ve been waiting like 12yrs, still hasn’t happened.

NRA has never got a dime directly from me either, but CMP gets an annual donation.

VAG_Guy

Passed Driver's Ed
It's more about gun laws that go into place that make it harder for gun and ammo manufacturers to operate and for regular citizens to buy new ammo. That being said, it isn't going to be a quick come and take your guns, it's the slow erosion that gets you.

Also 9mm prices did go up a good amount, but have you seen 380 lately? Can't even find it and if you do it's like $2 a round.

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Perhaps the reason why they haven't 'come for your guns' and the backlash that happens every time they begin to hint at that idea are related 🤷‍♂️

Thumper

Autocross Champion
It's more about gun laws that go into place that make it harder for gun and ammo manufacturers to operate and for regular citizens to buy new ammo. That being said, it isn't going to be a quick come and take your guns, it's the slow erosion that gets you.

Or say........the ATF just randomly making up rules without even any laws to back them up. We don't need bad laws when we ignore the nondelegation doctrine.

Obama didn't take all our guns because they CAN'T take our guns until they get a few more pieces in place. He moved his fair share of pieces on the board though. VAG is right, it's the slow erosion where people get complaisant and then act surprised. It has happened over, and over, and over again in history and yet no one ever seems to remember. Even the anti-gunners aren't stupid enough to think they can pass a law outlawing every gun on Jan 21st because they still have two problems. First, they would have to know where those guns are (that's in the works), and Second they know the instant they do that we will have the military in the streets gunning down civilians who refuse to comply because how else will you accomplish that? They can paint a small percentage of the population as "extremists" and wipe them out, but when it's closer to half the country that's hard to do. Got to remove as many as possible before that step.

But yeah, to argue they aren't taking ALL our guns because they are just taking some is mind-nubbingly naive. The second they can take 5 rounds out of a magazine, they can take 10. If they take a semi-auto rifle, they can take a magazine fed bolt action. When they can take a stock they can take a trigger, a barrel, and anything. No one pays attention to CA? I lived there, I remember when they banned any magazine over 15 rounds........then 10 rounds........now they have a ban on rifles with magazines although it was so poorly written it got slightly circumvented. High tax on ammo, restrictions on ammo, registries for ammo........seriously if you honestly sit around and say no one is coming for your guns and you brush off good ole Beto as an outlier.................well, how would you like some beachfront property in New Mexico?

We used to have to refer back to Nazi Germany and the subsequent Soviet Union for examples of this slow creep and it was universally understood that this type of government overreach was dangerous. Unfortunately modern society is dumbed down and ignorant of history, so we repeat it constantly. Now we need look only a few years in the past and use Venezuela as an example and we should, because you can be damn sure someone else is.........

Ammo is stupid right now, my wife has a friend who finally decided to get a CCW the end of last year and she picked up a Shield in .380. She asked for help finding ammo and I knew .380 had gotten popular but did not expect to see the same issues as .223 and 9mm. I found the same thing, no one has it and when they do it's $2 a shot........$2 for .380!!!!!! I pay that for my .45-70 Gov, well I would if I could find that anywhere either. lol

Thankfully I stocked up several years back on the important stuff and maintained supplies with trickle orders but even that is hard now. About the only thing I have a surplus of is .22 since it's not re-loadable I went mad and bought tons of the stuff.