GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

**Gun Enthusiast Thread**

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie

Yes.
Thanks for sharing.
Happens daily but the National news will never cover it. They only cover it when people take someone else's gun and does wrong.
I wonder if people who are so against guns should
wear signs telling gun owners, "In an emergency please do not safe my life with a gun".

Joking all, so not hate replies.
We will always help all!

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
I may be wrong but do the Swiss still not all serve in the Army or such?
Do they then not keep the weapon at home?
Swiss have done this for years I believe, but most do not call then gun nuts.
In the USA we all do not have to serve but many are ready to help if needed.
For most it is a hobby but it is a form of being prepared.
Hope most of us never have a need come up.

They did issue rifles and ammo to be kept at home. But, as I recall, some idiot shot someone with one, and their government took away either the rifles or their ammo.

kharma

Ready to race!
This is a genuine question but why do you feel the need to drive around with that in the trunk? Is it for protection?

I only ask as we obviously can't buy anything like that on this side of the pond.
Simple answer, I don't. If I was going to the range and leaving my car unattended I may store it there to lessen the likelihood of theft. Generally it goes from the safe to range bag and back again.

But it's good to know that it has a good home should I ever need to keep it there. Day to day I carry something far more discreet ?

Gimpster

Go Kart Newbie
I wouldn't call myself an "enthusiast" but I own:

Glock 19
Marlin 995 .22LR (semi-auto, I've had this since I was like 8?)
Marlin 30-30 for deer hunting (lever action)
Mossberg 500 beater shotgun for birds

I'm not going to tell anyone else what to do with their second amendment rights, but I have never felt the need to own anything like an AR. Farming family from North Central Kansas, so pretty pragmatic about my firearms lol. If it isn't useful to *me*, I don't need it.

Having been to Europe, I do understand their bewilderment to threads like this.

BravoMike

Go Kart Champion
I'm not going to tell anyone else what to do with their second amendment rights, but I have never felt the need to own anything like an AR. Farming family from North Central Kansas, so pretty pragmatic about my firearms lol. If it isn't useful to *me*, I don't need it.

Having been to Europe, I do understand their bewilderment to threads like this.

Lol.... I'm not going to tell you what to do, but I'll tell you what to do. :rolleyes:

Having lived in Germany for 6 years and having half of my family in Baveria, I am bewildered by some of their logic when it come to Guns. Although some believe that they shouldn't be as illegal or regulated as much as they are. You would think given their history that they would want more private ownership of guns.

Yes, I have an AR and I need it. ;)

Yomny1

Ready to race!
I see a lot of writing and very little pictures. Is this thread for picture posting or to discussing political ideas and views on guns? I respects everyone's rights and opinions but please this is just a thread to share, same as we do with car pics after getting wheels, springs... this isn't a bill we need to veto.

With that said I don't know if I could call my self an enthusiast but same as with my cars, I like them, I like to modify them and take'm for a good drive, that's about it. Since I'm reading about the "need for an AR" I guess i'll add my .02 cents. I don't have the need for it but I think like many, I did own one because they're pretty damn nice to shoot, nice to modify with optics and other accessories. After a while I realized the lack of use for it besides just dumping money onto it. If shot more than twice cant recall what I do remember is get anal about cleaning it to perfection, so I got rid of it.

End of my story.

Last edited:

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
I don't know when it will happen, but I have little doubt Germany will restrict firearms even further. Just like the USA, all you need to do is watch the actions of their leader after a few people are killed by some psycho with a gun. Funny how it's never the knife's fault, never the hammer's fault, never the baseball bat's fault.

ronmexico

Ready to race!
I see a lot of writing and very little pictures. Is this thread for picture posting or to discussing political ideas and views on guns? I respects everyone's rights and opinions but please this is just a thread to share, same as we do with car pics after getting wheels, springs... this isn't a bill we need to veto.

I love a political gun chat as much as the next guy, but I would like to see some pic in the mix for sure!

BravoMike

Go Kart Champion
I love a political gun chat as much as the next guy, but I would like to see some pic in the mix for sure!

Very nice! What can and caliber are you running on that AR? I plan to build a suppressed SBR AR this year and would like to find a combo that works well.

Yomny1

Ready to race!

Serious stuff, never got around to suppressing mine but looked into it quite a bit. I'm sure it would have made it a little easier to shoot around in my backyard back then.

BravoMike

Go Kart Champion
At the moment I have no gun pictures and normally don't take pictures of them. How about a picture of my reloading setup?!

BravoMike

Go Kart Champion
I know it's just more text, but I feel this is important. For those of you who carry a Glock or S&W M&P and are sometimes forced to leave the firearm in that little drawer below the drivers seat I highly recommend getting the Vangaurd 2. My firearm does not fit in that little drawer in its holster and I do not want to hear of anyone here having a negligent discharge causing them to have a 4 finger Mickey Mouse hand, or worse.

http://raven-concealment-systems1.mybigcommerce.com/vanguard-2-holster-basic-kit/

kharma

Ready to race!
I need to convince my wife she doesn't really like her Kahr MK9, fits snugly under the dash.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Gimpster

Go Kart Newbie
I believe we should begin another thread, but I'm definitely on the fence about civilians owning firearms "such as" an AR/AK/Mini14/insert-it-here class firearm. I make no bones about or apologizes for my opinion. I'm also a realist, and short of some literal gun grab, the cat is out of the bag on this.

Where I lack full conviction is.... today semi-auto detachable magazine guns, tomorrow my 30-30? Where does/would it end?

Lol.... I'm not going to tell you what to do, but I'll tell you what to do. :rolleyes:

Having lived in Germany for 6 years and having half of my family in Baveria, I am bewildered by some of their logic when it come to Guns. Although some believe that they shouldn't be as illegal or regulated as much as they are. You would think given their history that they would want more private ownership of guns.

Yes, I have an AR and I need it. ;)

BravoMike

Go Kart Champion
I believe we should begin another thread, but I'm definitely on the fence about civilians owning firearms "such as" an AR/AK/Mini14/insert-it-here class firearm. I make no bones about or apologizes for my opinion. I'm also a realist, and short of some literal gun grab, the cat is out of the bag on this.

Where I lack full conviction is.... today semi-auto detachable magazine guns, tomorrow my 30-30? Where does/would it end?

Just remember that your Glock was once the evil gun that should not be allowed. Gun control didn't start off as banning rifles, it was handguns. Be carful what you wish for, because one day it will be evil black rifles, tomorrow it will be your Glock, the next it will be your beloved Marlin 995.

I'll stop with the politics for now, but I have studied this extensively and have found no correlation between violent crime and gun control across the world. Whatever the laws and politics I do wish everyone in the world the most peaceful and prosperous life.