GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

**Gun Enthusiast Thread**

Bäsemödel

Go Kart Champion
got to try out my brothers new sig sauer 551 over the christmas/new years holiday. what a great rifle...

swcrow

Autocross Champion

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
I grew up in Ohio and never paid to shoot.

But now I'm in the Charlotte NC area and that's not the case. But, luckily I have a bad ass brand new range with steel plates for pistols, 100yrd rifl, 250yrd rifle, skeet, trap, archery less than an hour away

Where at!?

PouncingPanzer1

Go Kart Champion
H&K announced the VP9 longslide kits to be released this year. Look awesome, like as much as the VP9 was lol.

Also, not sure if anyone here has IG but the person that moderates the H&K account is ruthless and cold.

Hoon

Autocross Champion
H&K announced the VP9 longslide kits to be released this year. Look awesome, like as much as the VP9 was lol.

Also, not sure if anyone here has IG but the person that moderates the H&K account is ruthless and cold.

Not optics ready...

That's a pass.

Cameron1292

Ready to race!
Not optics ready...

That's a pass.
I can't get behind a red dot on a pistol. I shot an rmr on the new Walther comp gun and I just personally felt follow up shots would have been easier with sights. The again I don't shoot competition or 3 gun so that could be why

Sent from my ONEPLUS 5T using Tapatalk

codered911

Ready to race!
Speaking of pocket guns, does anyone have a North American Arms .22 LR with the 1-1/8" barrel? I can see times when it's size would be an asset, but only with the folding handle to help control the recoil.

Yes i have, recoil is nothing. I have aftermarket grips that help.

Hoon

Autocross Champion
I can't get behind a red dot on a pistol. I shot an rmr on the new Walther comp gun and I just personally felt follow up shots would have been easier with sights. The again I don't shoot competition or 3 gun so that could be why

I love red dots on pistols. Takes some getting used to, but it's definitely faster.

Shooting USPSA or other speed competitions, there is a lot of focus on optimizing your grip to turn the recoil of the pistol into a back-and-forth motion, instead of an up-and-down motion, or eliminating the "snappiness". When you get to that point, you can pretty much keep the red dot on target, and shoot FAST.

Cameron1292

Ready to race!
I love red dots on pistols. Takes some getting used to, but it's definitely faster.

Shooting USPSA or other speed competitions, there is a lot of focus on optimizing your grip to turn the recoil of the pistol into a back-and-forth motion, instead of an up-and-down motion, or eliminating the "snappiness". When you get to that point, you can pretty much keep the red dot on target, and shoot FAST.
I love the concept of it. I just havnt gotten enough time behind the trigger I guess. I don't compete at all but I know it's all the rage right now to carry a 19 with an rmr lol I just feel like carrying with one could be an issue. The lens gets fogged, cracked, dies, your forced to use iron sights through possibly a messed up piece of glass.

PouncingPanzer1

Go Kart Champion

I have wanted to try a red dot on a handgun. I have shot a Model 29 with a scope on it before, talk about a heavy firearm...

PouncingPanzer1

Go Kart Champion
So I sure many of you are like me, and have a wish list. The never shortening and sometimes lengthening one. That one. But I found myself coming to grips with the reality that I don't get to take out what I have as much as I'd like as it is, why buy more?

My game plan is to just get more trigger time with what I have and spend the money on the ammunition, which isn't getting cheaper. Maybe some reloading equipment would be wiser then another firearm?