GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

**Gun Enthusiast Thread**

Bigfoot1

Howdy!

I'm still pretty new and have been mostly just reading the tech threads, but this thread has my people :)

Long story short: I've been into shooting for quite awhile, but my gun stuff has mostly been neglected since moving to California for work. I need to dust it off and get back into it with an IPSC league or F-class match... something. I brought a few things with me, but the bulk of my "gun stuff" isn't sitting on CA soil.

A few pictures, because words are boring:

PSA dissapator with my KAC CQB

One of the pistols (Sig X-Five tactical)

A little golf with a gun:

A past 3d printed AR project (it broke in the 500 round range):

I have a VP9 and Walther PPS that I did the Cali import stuff on with me here. I need to stop procrastinating, buy some 10 round mags, and get a carry permit again. The new GTI has kept me entertained lately :)

Anyways, I'm glad someone pointed me to this message board, and that there's some gun guys here!

Last edited:

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
Polymer case, or coated projectile?

I've shot thousands of coated projectiles, they don't seem quite as accurate in some guns but they're cheap and they work fine. A bit of extra smoke and a distinct smell, but fine for training.

I believe they're solid polymer.

Aelwulf

Ready to race!
I wouldn't call myself an "enthusiast" but I own:

Glock 19
Marlin 995 .22LR (semi-auto, I've had this since I was like 8?)
Marlin 30-30 for deer hunting (lever action)
Mossberg 500 beater shotgun for birds

Same, but have a few. Some from family.

Glock 19 for home defense. Believer in better to have and not need theory.

.410 gauge shotgun from my grandfather. Random brand (Excel I think? - Sears?), but I'd estimate least ~80 years old - works fine

.22 bolt action long rifle from my father when I was a teenager that had been his.

AR-7 .22LR that's easily broken down I bought to teach my kids about firearms and safety along with the bolt action.

Huglu .12 gauge shotgun bought while TDY in Turkey, likely selling as I don't hunt and it's too long a barrel for home purposes

PA-15 MOE version (AR style). Have it for two reasons: 1) it was free as part of a promotion when I had to get my roof fixed in Colorado (voucher through a Denver gun store from roofing company), and 2) because the Air Force no longer trains personnel to fire weapons generally speaking, then expects everyone to qualify after a 2-hour intro class if you're going to deploy. Fail that once or twice, can't deploy, and you now get kicked out. Getting your own is about the only way to stay proficient. They're not exactly the same as an M4, but are pretty close for training purposes. Now I just need a Beretta 92FS.

XDs 3.3in .45, likely to be my concealed carry when I get around to a license (unless my wife gets her way and we stay in Kalifornia. :p ). Got it same time as the PA-15 in FDE, love it so far.

Also an old pump-action BB gun that was my dad's when he was a kid, if that counts. ;) Shoots slightly to the left but easily compensated for.

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion

Hoon

Autocross Champion
Same, but have a few. Some from family.

Glock 19 for home defense. Believer in better to have and not need theory.

.410 gauge shotgun from my grandfather. Random brand (Excel I think? - Sears?), but I'd estimate least ~80 years old - works fine

.22 bolt action long rifle from my father when I was a teenager that had been his.

AR-7 .22LR that's easily broken down I bought to teach my kids about firearms and safety along with the bolt action.

Huglu .12 gauge shotgun bought while TDY in Turkey, likely selling as I don't hunt and it's too long a barrel for home purposes

PA-15 MOE version (AR style). Have it for two reasons: 1) it was free as part of a promotion when I had to get my roof fixed in Colorado (voucher through a Denver gun store from roofing company), and 2) because the Air Force no longer trains personnel to fire weapons generally speaking, then expects everyone to qualify after a 2-hour intro class if you're going to deploy. Fail that once or twice, can't deploy, and you now get kicked out. Getting your own is about the only way to stay proficient. They're not exactly the same as an M4, but are pretty close for training purposes. Now I just need a Beretta 92FS.

XDs 3.3in .45, likely to be my concealed carry when I get around to a license (unless my wife gets her way and we stay in Kalifornia. :p ). Got it same time as the PA-15 in FDE, love it so far.

Also an old pump-action BB gun that was my dad's when he was a kid, if that counts. ;) Shoots slightly to the left but easily compensated for.

You know you're from California when you write a paragraph justifying why you own a rifle, lol.

Aelwulf

Ready to race!
You know you're from California when you write a paragraph justifying why you own a rifle, lol.

heh That, and reading the first page or two of this thread with people saying, "Why would you need one of those?" So there you go, answer before the question.

I also reply with it on social media when the clueless types pipe up about nobody 'needing' one. I then proceed to ask them if they're going to pay for my family's livelihood were I to get kicked out for lack of proficiency and being unable to deploy. I've yet to receive a reply to that.

A couple of times I've gotten a comment like, "Ok, but you can turn it in when you get out." I give them the Forest Whitaker eye and tell them if they want to pay for it, I'll turn it in when I get out. But if I have to pay for it I'm not giving it back for free. Granted my case is somewhat different as I did get it 'for free', but not technically since I still had to pay for a roof.

Cameron1292

Ready to race!
FN 509 Tactical and my SBR. (Still a work in progress) but have the G goodies on there.

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk
Love the fn style 50 shades of fde with the ar lol

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

anotero

Autocross Champion
A sherrif's deputy called me and told me what to write as a justification for why i need a CA CCW. :) Now i have two CCWs: GA and CA. Will be applying for a UT one as well.

Aelwulf

Ready to race!
A sherrif's deputy called me and told me what to write as a justification for why i need a CA CCW. :) Now i have two CCWs: GA and CA. Will be applying for a UT one as well.

Mind PMing me that? ;) If we stay here it might be of use. From most I know in the state it seems general consensus that unless you're buddies with a sheriff or such or have a lot of money you're not getting one these days.

I could get one from Florida pretty easily, but if we stay here that won't be of much use. :(

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
FN 509 Tactical and my SBR. (Still a work in progress) but have the G goodies on there.

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk
Umm..... you know your check book is in the photo right?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Cameron1292

Ready to race!
To distract everyone from mattavince's Bank info so they dont buy a bunch of guns on him, heres the update on my krink build. Refinished and stained the handguard. Krinkov muze brake. Refinished Romanian bakelite pistol grip. Only thing left is to file for the sbr. Will be adding a side folding triangle stock. Going for the og ak74su look.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk