GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

**Gun Enthusiast Thread**

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Yea i cant carry a m92/mp5 daily unless in a backpack.

What press do you use for reloading @Corprin? Green, red or blue really right? I use a hornady lock n load but i only reload 9mm and 40sw.

I have a cheap/free lee classic turret that a buddy gave me for my plinking ammo, 9x19, .38spl, .45acp, .30 carbine, .223 when I’m not lazy and it’s not stupid cheap, etc. lately I bring a 6-pack to that same buddy’s house and crank out ammo on his Dillon wonder machine. The turret press just sits on the tool shelf.

For my precision ammo, .260rem and 6.5x55se, I run a Lee Classic Cast. I used to have a mid 90s RCBS Rockchucker, but my dad repo’ed it. Did a bunch of research and found for a single-stage the Lee was a very good and consistent unit for a nothing price. If you are looking at going with a stout single-stage, it’s hard to beat. Was looking at a rockchucker II, but my reloading shop owner, who ironically doesn’t sell Lee, said the new rockchuxkers are riding their namesake, the lee is a better built press with stronger material.

Ymmv

https://www.amazon.com/LEE-PRECISIO...id=1579554926&sprefix=lee+classic+cast&sr=8-1

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Our teams had MP5s for a long while, that is a fantastic weapon for CQB. Down range I had my trusty M500 for breaching and the ever puckering event of clearing stairways.

Spent an hour last night getting my seating die set to have the micrometer match real life.

I have a few had guns, but I shoot long range most. 200yrds with .22lr, and 200-1k with centerfire.

A pistol is only there to fight your way back to the rifle you should have never set down. ..that was a rough day. :ROFLMAO:

Yes sir, the M500 is great for taking out those door hinges and locks. You are right about the pistol but sometimes it's better to use it in certain tight situations. ;)

I see you are located in Minnesota so former SF?

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Yes sir, the M500 is great for taking out those door hinges and locks. You are right about the pistol but sometimes it's better to use it in certain tight situations. ;)

I see you are located in Minnesota so former SF?

Nope, not nearly that cool. I just never said no to an opportunity for getting away from working the douche-bag side of my MOS. Can’t spell wimp without me :)

Did lots of cool training, with lots of cool units, in lots of cool places. Got used to the toys, and missed them when I was back with my company. It broke my heart when I had to turn in my PAS-13 for a PVS4 still burning hockey-pucks.

Last edited:

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Nope, not nearly that cool. I just never said no to an opportunity for getting away from working the douche-bag side of my MOS. Can’t spell wimp without me :)

Did lots of cool training, with lots of cool units, in lots of cool places. Got used to the toys, and missed them when I was back with my company. It broke my heart when I had to turn in my PAS-13 for a PVS4 still burning hockey-pucks.

Hey that's alright. One team, one fight, right?

Damn man, a PVS-4? Those things are huge! Were you a 11B?

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Last edited:

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Damn, 11M. They discontinued that in what, 2000?

Yeah, I was Cal Guard back then and my BN was actually disbanded. So I chose the only other MOS in the area that would put me in the field... then in AIT I figured out what the “P”’ stood for .... DOH! Went active duty in 00-08.

You?

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
Since most of you here I figure lean to the right, I wondered if you use AT&T for cell or TV, since they own CNN.

Stija

Go Kart Newbie
Tmo here and Cox at home for internet only.

Waiting on my KNS precision adjustable piston to tune my m92 to that funny round it shoots. Next is finding time to actually go and do it.

Then i may go stage 2 and put a can on it. :unsure:

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Since most of you here I figure lean to the right, I wondered if you use AT&T for cell or TV, since they own CNN.

Nope, nope, and nope.

Need to get off my duff and get something done.

599E74C8-CB74-4D4D-8C22-7DAE690214EF.jpeg

Decapped, tumbled, annealed, FL sized, and primed

Stija

Go Kart Newbie
Progressive or id get nothing done. But i only reload my pistol rounds, 9mm and 40sw. In an avg hr i can knock out 300-350rnds. Enough for an outing.

Corprin

Autocross Champion
My buddy was asking how fast I load with my single stage. I loaded 100rds the other night, metered powder to the perfect 0.1gn on a balance scale. Starting with sized/annealed/primed brass I averaged 48sec a round.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Do any Californians here know if the following piece is against the assault weapons law? Namely the handle.

1581309990847.png