GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

**Gun Enthusiast Thread**

virpacalis

Go Kart Newbie
Not loving the triple suck in NJ with 10 round mag. limits and CCWs forbidden to almost all but LEOs and an extremely weak castle doctrine. I'm still good in almost every way except for the g-ddamn toilet paper. Now that's some shit!

Escape Hatch

Autocross Champion
So I was looking for the ruger 57, but they are few and far between right now. So I stepped up to the original FN 5.7. Came with a hard case, 3 x 20 round mags, and a $75 rebate. The store only had 100 rounds of amo, so will be looking for more. At .60 a round I doubt I'll be shooting a lot of rounds out of it, but man its fun!!

I have an FNX9 I have had for a few years with roughly 500 rounds through it, fun sidearm for sure.

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Going to ring out the new .17hmr tomorrow.

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
I have an FNX9 I have had for a few years with roughly 500 rounds through it, fun sidearm for sure.
They had 2 options on those in stock also. Wife already had a 9 and I really wanted to try out the 5.7 platform. Good to know that the fn is reliable!

smanierre

Autocross Champion
There was a good sale goin on the other day so I made a bit of an impulse purchase and got two level 4 ceramic plates. Also I used a spare lower I have to mock up my AR9 build while the actual lower gets engraved. I have all the parts to build the lower and for the upper I need the barrel, bcg, charging handle, and muzzle device/suppressor mounting hardware, so basically the whole upper. It's lookin good so far though, 16" ar up top for reference.

toothofwar

Autocross Champion

swcrow

Autocross Champion
so I've always wrestled with where to store my EDC, if I uholster it during a drive. I usually just wear it during short trips, but longer trips I'd rather not. I can't stand it rattling in the door pocket, glove box is a no-go and sliding under the seat is not great either. Anyone have person experience with this? Looks legit...just don't like drilling into the knee bolster. Evidently they're working on a 3m adhesive type, but don't have it yet.

https://phantomholsters.com/products/phantom-quickdraw

virpacalis

Go Kart Newbie
For long trips you could also switch to a shoulder or cross draw holster.

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
For long trips you could also switch to a shoulder or cross draw holster.
That's what I have. Fn under the left arm , 2 more mags under the right. Just did a 12 hour drive yesterday and was just as comfortable when I arrived as when I left.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
That's what I have. Fn under the left arm , 2 more mags under the right. Just did a 12 hour drive yesterday and was just as comfortable when I arrived as when I left.

This. With LHD cars the driver's seatbelt wont get in the way. Leave a button or two unbuttoned across from the holster so you can get hand in easily.

Or perhaps something like this: https://www.amazon.com/Gold-Star-Steering-Column-Holster/dp/B075MC92CS
It looks like a premium piece but I'm pretty sure there are less expensive ones.

smanierre

Autocross Champion
May have just bought a FN 509T today. Was on sale and I got it for $638 shipped and they have a rebate right now for a free TLR-7a. I have a Burris fastfire 3 from when I bought my AR optic so i'll have an optic and light ready for when I get it.

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Got my barrel and suppressor mounting hardware in. Ordered the BCG also so once that ships and I get my lower back from engraving i'll be ready to build it. I'm so happy with the look of how it came out. Pictures to show how much is barrel and how much is suppressor under the hand guard.