GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

**Gun Enthusiast Thread**

Beju

Go Kart Newbie
I don't own either, but I've shot them both.

I like the P365XL better.. Better trigger, and easier to conceal with a slightly shorter grip in spite of having 2 more rounds. It's also factory milled for an optic if you're in to that sort of thing.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
Anyone familiar with PA/NY border where I-95 crosses it? I'm looking for a good gun store near I-95 on the PA side.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
I hope no one is fooled by this defund the police crap. If successful there will be few police to protect us. Fine, we can protect ourselves. Then the anti-gun faction will call for disarming us, because they'll say we are a problem. If successful, I'll be looking for a Panama IP address.

autonoob

Passed Driver's Ed
It's been a while since this gun has been out of the box, just for the sake of this photo. LOL :LOL:

Taurus 627.jpg

RadioFlyer

Go Kart Champion
Kind of an impulse buy.
The old Marlin plinker Dad bought for me last century, while still accurate, didn't have a picatanny rail for accessories.😜
20200727_192748.jpg

H&K 416D .22LR

Last edited:

smanierre

Autocross Champion
I need to build a 22 AR. Perfect gun for introducing someone to shooting and getting them familiar with ARs

mopar22

Autocross Newbie
I’m gonna be doing some research here soon but is there any recommendations for a nice beginner pistol that could be used for concealed carries if needed?

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
I’m gonna be doing some research here soon but is there any recommendations for a nice beginner pistol that could be used for concealed carries if needed?

I have a Smith & Wesson M&P shield 9mm. The newest version is the "EZ' model. Its smooth to shoot and easy to conceal. Some others off the top my head are the Glock 43/43x and G26/27. All these come in 9mm and .40.

mopar22

Autocross Newbie
I have a Smith & Wesson M&P shield 9mm. The newest version is the "EZ' model. Its smooth to shoot and easy to conceal. Some others off the top my head are the Glock 43/43x and G26/27. All these come in 9mm and .40.
Thank you. I’ll have to check them out

Beju

Go Kart Newbie
In the 'big enough for service/duty, but still concealable' category, you've got the Glock 19, S&W M&P 2.0 Compact, and SIG P320 Compact as popular picks with police departments these days. There are others (Walther PPQs, H&K VP9, and CZ P-10C are very nice), but most won't have the parts/holster support of the SIG, Glock, and S&W. These pistols will be easier to shoot, but harder to conceal than the following categories. Oh, and if it's not significantly more, a Gen 5 Glock is superior to a Gen 4. Smoother trigger and more mechanically accurate.

In the more straight up concealed carry category, you've got the S&W M&P Shield, SIG P365, and Glock 43. The newer Springfield Hellcat is gaining popularity, but I've never handled one. I'm not a fan of the Glock 43; between it, the P365, and Shield, people shoot the 43 the worst on average. The grip is just on the small side for males with average to large hands, making it difficult to shoot without more practice than most people are willing to put in with a little pistol like that. The Shield has a longer grip (height and front to back), the P365 has a thicker grip (and holds 4 more rounds). Oh, I've also had a number of people tell me about their Glock 43 having problems feeding the last round of hollow point ammunition in a magazine. If you need that 6th round in the magazine, you need that 6th round in the magazine.

In a newer size category that kind of blurs the lines, you've got the SIG P365XL and the Glock 43X/48. These may be a good choice if you've got larger hands and the Shield/43/P365 are too small for comfort, or you just want something more shootable. Generally, a smaller pistol in the same caliber will be more difficult to shoot than a larger one in that caliber.

Corprin

Autocross Champion
The only time I’ve needed a handgun was the day I coined;

“A hand gun is only good for fighting your way back to the rifle you should never have set down”

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Let’s discuss IWB appendix carry. Who does this? I’m looking at a HHH (hidden hybrid holsters) appendix holster for my EDC M&P shield.