GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

**Gun Enthusiast Thread**

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Exactly! We do this already.....all the good guy cards....I never sell to anyone without a BoS, CCL and DL all matching. This essentially strips all of us from buying/selling.....and forces us to go through an FFL
I'd love to see this backfire on them by everyone getting their FFL and just owning basically whatever they want. Since you have to have it to actually transfer guns to people and not just to yourself, just have a network of people that orders through eachother whenever they want something. EZ

swcrow

Autocross Champion
I'd love to see this backfire on them by everyone getting their FFL and just owning basically whatever they want. Since you have to have it to actually transfer guns to people and not just to yourself, just have a network of people that orders through eachother whenever they want something. EZ
This. Folks are already looking into it...I'm not sure what it takes, but I know individuals have FFL abilities, so it IS doable.

Edit...looks really doable:
https://www.atf.gov/firearms/apply-license

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Exactly! We do this already.....all the good guy cards....I never sell to anyone without a BoS, CCL and DL all matching. This essentially strips all of us from buying/selling.....and forces us to go through an FFL

Oh. I misunderstood, so you have to sell through a FFL and have the NICS check done. This has been squashed the last 3-4 times it’s gone through our state house.

partially, I’m fine with it... if someone else is paying the $40 transaction fee. Just sucks that I am ALWAYS a delay.

This. Folks are already looking into it...I'm not sure what it takes, but I know individuals have FFL abilities, so it IS doable.

Edit...looks really doable:
https://www.atf.gov/firearms/apply-license

It’s really easy. Couple forms and a check. You’d have to make enough through sales to warrant the cost of the FFL-01. Or just get your $35 FFL-03 and stick to C&R 😁

There are two M60s on the list that can be delivered right to your home!! I’ve been eying up a m2 carbine.

Last edited:

anotero

Autocross Champion
How did this thread turn into a political discussion? Le sigh.

need to do some loading.

View attachment 177919

Lol. I try to skip all the political chit chat. I treat my guns as three things: potential defense tools against common criminals, possible hunting tools, and just fun toys. I find the belief that civilians with semiautos can influence politics funny. I have yet to see a dude with an AR-15 stop a tank.

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Lol. I try to skip all the political chit chat. I treat my guns as three things: potential defense tools against common criminals, possible hunting tools, and just fun toys. I find the belief that civilians with semiautos can influence politics funny. I have yet to see a dude with an AR-15 stop a tank.

I’ve seen footage of a 9mm pistol stop one.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
I'd suggest getting a good safe to keep your guns in if you decide to apply for a regular FFL. I don't know how it works now, but you used to need to let an ATF agent inspect your property and show where you were keeping your guns. I'm not sure if you can get a regular FFL if you're only doing it more or less as a hobby. Keep in mind there's a lot of records keeping. If I were younger I'd look into it.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
Anymore, you would be better off going to an FFL holder to transfer any gun so you don't have any grief if they commit a crime. You never know, even if they have a carry permit.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
I'd suggest getting a good safe to keep your guns in if you decide to apply for a regular FFL. I don't know how it works now, but you used to need to let an ATF agent inspect your property and show where you were keeping your guns. I'm not sure if you can get a regular FFL if you're only doing it more or less as a hobby. Keep in mind there's a lot of records keeping. If I were younger I'd look into it.

I actually did some reading/researching the other night to see if it was even something I wanted to pursue. Yeah......not doing it.

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Is there a chance we can get this thread back on track? The political rhetoric gets nauseating quickly.

OT:
Just got in the backorder line for a 20” DMR 6ARC barrel. We’ll see how it does in the 500-800 game.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Is there a chance we can get this thread back on track? The political rhetoric gets nauseating quickly.

OT:
Just got in the backorder line for a 20” DMR 6ARC barrel. We’ll see how it does in the 500-800 game.
What grain are you using?

Corprin

Autocross Champion
What grain are you using?

only 6mm I have is a spare .243 barrel for a single shot H&R.

looks like I’ll be doing 108 ELD in factory loaded ammo at first, should buy time and build up a stock of brass to load. I’ve got a Grendel I rarely shoot, so it’ll make a good donor.