GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

**Gun Enthusiast Thread**

crxgator

Autocross Champion
For like 30 miles... What's the issue? Guns go in a locked case separate from ammo, do not make any stops, even for gas, and follow traffic laws. You're simply passing through the state while transporting (different than carrying) your firearms.
I’m not the one that’s afraid to go through MD. Just stating 81 goes through it.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
All depends on where in PA

FL to Pittsburg= 77-79 and avoids MD
Anywhere East of Altoona= 81 and goes through MD for a short distance.
Good call and you’re right. I’ve had to research the Md law in depth for several previous trips lol. As long as you are passing through the state there is no issue.

Edit…I see you already highlighted that.

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Hit the range today

swcrow

Autocross Champion
DPRMD I can them 😎

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
School me on pistol optics… I have a CZ P-01 on the way. I’ll have the slide milled, but curious as to who the leading brands are from others who may be more familiar. It appears the overwhelmingly popular choice for the P-01 is the Holosun 507K.

crxgator

Autocross Champion
School me on pistol optics… I have a CZ P-01 on the way. I’ll have the slide milled, but curious as to who the leading brands are from others who may be more familiar. It appears the overwhelmingly popular choice for the P-01 is the Holosun 507K.
Im looking into the P01 for myself and it seems due to the slide shape that this is the reason the 507k is popular with that particular firearm. Now, if only I could find the urban grey version anywhere.

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Im looking into the P01 for myself and it seems due to the slide shape that this is the reason the 507k is popular with that particular firearm. Now, if only I could find the urban grey version anywhere.
Got it, thanks, that’s what I’ve gathered as well. Is there any other optic with a similar profile and fit on the P-01 slide that I should consider?

I think the urban grey tactical has been discontinued for the P-01 so if you find one, probably better jump on it.

Beju

Go Kart Newbie
The Holosun K models are more durable than most the similarly sized optics, and IMO, Holosun has better LED emitter tech than any brand that's not Aimpoint. Holosun is coming out with an the EPS Carry, a similarly sized enclosed optic, but it's not out yet.

The RMRcc is likely the most durable red dot in that form factor, but has the downsides of the full sized RMR. You need to take it off to change the battery, which, if you're really doing it right means replacing the bolts with new ones, waiting a day for medium strength thread locker to cure, then re-zeroing/confirming your zero on the range. It also has a unique footprint, while everyone else uses variations of the Shield RMSc footprint in this size category. These downsides are why Trijicon has had to resort to $100 mail in rebates to move them.

If you don't mind the aesthetics (or reduced concealability) of a larger optic protruding out the sides of the slide, people do also put bigger optics like the Holosun 407/507/508/509 on their CZ-75 variants. Most people find the bigger windowed red dots easier/faster to acquire. Impact Machine's IG page has plenty of examples.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
Also, New Jersey, New York will arrest you. As for Philadelphia, even if you have a carry permit, they will harass you if you are discovered. You'll be detained and cuffed while they "find" a supervisor to discuss it and verify your pistol and your permit are good. Have an out-of-state permit with reciprocity? Good luck.

Here's an example of their outright disregard of the law. If you have a carry permit, you can open carry in Philadelphia and Pittsburg, due to a change in state law years ago. Still, you will be surrounded by patrol cars, told to get on the ground, cuffed, and arrested. you'll need a lawyer to plead your case in court. You'll prevail, of course. Then you sue the city. An activist received a judgement for $25,000 many years. The police's response, when asked if they will comply with law? Nope, you'll have to sue.