GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Gun Owners- What is your caliber/brand of carry ammo and why?

eajr

Go Kart Champion
Let me start this off....I carry a Glock 23 Gen 4. For those who don't know, it is chambered in .40 S&W. My round of choice is Federal HST 180 gr. I carry .40 because I like the capacity over a .45, and even though 9mm has come a long way (especially in +P and +P+), .40 still has more of that punch. What's your choice?
:D

anotero

Autocross Champion
Aguila ball ammo for 9mm mixed with Hydroshock JHP. Back shen i carried a CZ.

Now i carry a 1911 loaded with Blazer ball and Hydroshock JHP, .45.

cbass

Couple Loose Screws
99% of the time it's 9mm critical defense.

eajr

Go Kart Champion
Aguila ball ammo for 9mm mixed with Hydroshock JHP. Back shen i carried a CZ.

Now i carry a 1911 loaded with Blazer ball and Hydroshock JHP, .45.

Gotta love a 1911! I know I do, I just need the extra capacity, I live in Chicago...:D

cbass

Couple Loose Screws
Critical defense is probably the smoothest 9mm round that I have ever shot. It's so controllable its crazy.
I love it, just wish it was a little cheaper to justify using it at the range more often.

What about gear to go with it? I have been using a crossbreed for my hk, love how it seems to distribute the weight. Load up with the 10 round in it, 15 in a sticky holster in my pocket.

eajr

Go Kart Champion
I love it, just wish it was a little cheaper to justify using it at the range more often.

What about gear to go with it? I have been using a crossbreed for my hk, love how it seems to distribute the weight. Load up with the 10 round in it, 15 in a sticky holster in my pocket.

I agree, hence the reason I carry federal hst. You can buy a box of 50 9mm hat for about $20 on targetsportsusa.com. As far as carry, in the fall/winter I carry using a Trex Sidecar, and for spring/summer, I carry in a regular appendix-style holster. Also carry a spare mag in pocket.

shortyb

Autocross Newbie
Sig 220 or 226 in .45 or 9mm. Shoulder holster with two mags. I lived most of my life with a service weapon and sidearm. I feel naked without it. A .380 inside waist when real discretion is advised. The police are minutes away when seconds count! Don't be a statistic!

Sage advice. LE for over 35 years currently and do the same.

Current EDC is Glock 43 with Winnie Ranger SXTs in a Bladetech Kydex carried 2 o'clock appednix. It also sees Speer's new USSS offering as well as Hornady CD. Interchanges with my Glock 23 loaded for bear with Corbon 165gr. super speedy stuff :D. Oh, and an AR in the trunk ;).

Mike-E

Go Kart Newbie
.45 M1911 with Hornady 185g Critical Defense rounds. I carry it and 2 spare magazine in my man bag. I have had an M1911 .45 since I joined the Army in 1977. I was a Tanker/Cav. Trooper so it was my issue side arm.

I go the range every couple of weeks and fire some cheap ball ammo for fun/practice. Then I switch back to my carry ammo for the last two magazines.

Hoon

Autocross Champion
Federal HST or hand loaded Gold Dots.

eajr

Go Kart Champion
.45 M1911 with Hornady 185g Critical Defense rounds. I carry it and 2 spare magazine in my man bag. I have had an M1911 .45 since I joined the Army in 1977. I was a Tanker/Cav. Trooper so it was my issue side arm.

I go the range every couple of weeks and fire some cheap ball ammo for fun/practice. Then I switch back to my carry ammo for the last two magazines.

Do you have any feeding issues with the hornady ammo? I had a 1911 that jammed up when I tried to use critical defense, probably due to the angle of the feed ramp.

Mike-E

Go Kart Newbie
Do you have any feeding issues with the hornady ammo? I had a 1911 that jammed up when I tried to use critical defense, probably due to the angle of the feed ramp.

My M1911 is a Taurus PT1911. I have never had a problem with any round nosed (RN, RNHP, etc.). So no problems with Critical Defense. But, it will not feed wad cutters, semi wad cutters or any ash tray (my term for rounds with a huge front opening) hollow point ammo.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Gotta love a 1911! I know I do, I just need the extra capacity, I live in Chicago...:D
I'm in Cali, so a 1911 is perfect for me. I carry two extra mags with me. 21 rounds should be plenty. If not then i guess it's not my day :)

anotero

Autocross Champion
I agree, hence the reason I carry federal hst. You can buy a box of 50 9mm hat for about $20 on targetsportsusa.com. As far as carry, in the fall/winter I carry using a Trex Sidecar, and for spring/summer, I carry in a regular appendix-style holster. Also carry a spare mag in pocket.
Targetsportsusa is the shit. I used to order from them exclusively before i moved to CA (can't have ammo shipped to my door here).

anotero

Autocross Champion

Commander or Government?