GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

H2oi 2017

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Haven't seen anything on here yet, and I'm assuming most of our mk7 crowd isn't into shows/meets, but anyone planning to go?

I started going in 2011 and went every year since with the excuption of last year. It's always a good time, but who knows if Ill make it this year.

Tap House parking lot, 2013

At the show 2014

Last edited:

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Bump? The mk6 page was always big on shows, I can't believe I'm the only one here considering going

DEjetta

Haven't gone since 2007, when the audi took a few laps around the horse track. I have top work that weekend so I won't be going this year either.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Lol that's before my time but sounds about right. I was there for the famous Supra Stair Climb

paulkromz

Drag Racing Champion
Haven't gone since 2007, when the audi took a few laps around the horse track. I have top work that weekend so I won't be going this year either.

S3 Fail

Woerthersee Austria is the worlds biggest VW show with cars from UK to Russia showing up. Going there and seeing the level of dedication and respect shown there makes anything in the USA laughable at best.

Vortex IRL? no thank you

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
Had to look these things up, lol

Lol that's before my time but sounds about right. I was there for the famous Supra Stair Climb

Haven't gone since 2007, when the audi took a few laps around the horse track.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Had to look these things up, lol

Back story on the supra- Apparently the owner was BS with some random people watching everyone cruise on that misty/rainy night. Bragging that the car made 1000whp everyone wanted to see it and one of them talked him into going for a ride...well, 1000hp on a "1000hp day" as I call rainy days ended up pretty messy. They got into boost and lost it, taking out the staircase to a motel. Nobody was injured but the driver was screaming to the rescue squad "don't cut the roof I can unlock the targa top!". They laughed and said "well shouldn't have been screwing around" and cut it off anyway.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Holy **** lol that Audi had to be in trouble for that one. Drifting past a cop isn't the best idea ha

Hulk1

Go Kart Champion
S3 Fail

Woerthersee Austria is the worlds biggest VW show with cars from UK to Russia showing up. Going there and seeing the level of dedication and respect shown there makes anything in the USA laughable at best.

Vortex IRL? no thank you

I actually have to congratulate you. You act more high brow than anyone I've encountered. You drive a golf and a Prius. No one cares that this is beneath your tastes.

Go look at the slammed threads or something.

BlueHen

Drag Race Newbie
I may stop by since it's just down the road.

I hope the smell of millenials doesn't permeate my car though.

Is a flat brim flannel hat required?

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
I may stop by since it's just down the road.

I hope the smell of millenials doesn't permeate my car though.

Is a flat brim flannel hat required?

There will be teenie boppers and punk kids for sure, but from my past trips I'd say that's about 20% of the crowd. It's a true enthusiast gathering age range 18-40 if I had to guess. Plenty of OEM+ daily drivers, full blown track cars, $250,000+ exotics, and trailer queen show cars all with drivers more interested in the cars and friends than that 20% hoping to get 5 seconds of YouTube fame

xChrisx718

Passed Driver's Ed
The only thing keeping me from making the drive all the way from NYC is... like everyone else has been saying. Work. Otherwise I would gladly go considering I've never went before, and I would like to see what it's all about.

Side note: I've been trying to join a meet in the NYC area but to no luck yet. I do not have Facebook so if there are any meets going on in the area. Please PM me. Thanks