GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Helix Soundbox Upgrade Information Post!

mayor7

Why is it not compatible? Only use power cords and speaker cords. It does not use any other element of the central unit. It is as if they tell you that an external amplifier, for example Mosconi, is not compatible.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
If the MIB 3 has the quadlock connector on the rear the helix should work with it. To be 100% sure you would need to find out the pinout of the MIB 3 but I have not personally seen the quadlock pinned any differently (with regard to speaker output, which is what the Helix harness intercepts) from MIB 1 > MIB 2 > MIB 2.5. Probably doesn't show as compatible because the Helix was releases before MIB 3 existed, VW would need to update their list of "what this fits" on their site.

4MoJoe

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2019 Golf Alltrack S
Just to follow up, I installed the Helix on my 2021 GTI SE and no issues at all. Everything was pretty much like videos I've seen and all I need to do now is get on a list to get the programmer lent to me.

itsjonduhh

Car(s)
2021 GTI S
Hoping to do this upgrade in the spring, but I have a '21 GTI S with no glovebox CD/SD card player, and a MIB 2 head unit.

I saw some videos removing/replacing the head unit to a larger screen, but didn't see the same cable connections as the CD/SD versions. Has anyone seen anyone do this install without the glovebox unit?

jgeronimo18

Car(s)
MK7 Rabbit MK4 20th
I forgot who sent me this guys email to contact for selling a Helix subwoofer. But I had posted here and GolfMK7 forum.
He is a fraud and won't refund me my money I sent him.
Email: thomasron200613@gmail.com
Cell: +19563353408
Cashapp: $SC2095
Beware of him and his friend, I will update when I find the username.

rinumGTI

Car(s)
2020 GTI S
Does anyone have a download link for the latest dongle programming files? All the links I'm finding seem to have been taken down. -Are they even needed or already loaded on the dongle? I have a 2020 S. with mib2.5.

Last edited: