GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Hello and welcome. Introduce yourselves here

tdi-mk6

Diesel it is!
hey all!! i'm completely new to VW...i drove a Fiat Punto and a Subaru M80 (cars in Malta are immensely expensive :( ) before ordering my Golf MK6 1.4 TSi (122BHP)...car is arriving sometime next week..got it with multi function steering wheel (unfortunately it's an additional feature), double tinted windows and the sunroof...enjoy your cars...hope i'll enjoy mine :)

I also drove a Fiat Punto (Sport) - loved it. The Golf VI feels very simular, same exact seats also :thumbup:

raisin racin'

I'm a return GTI owner. Had an '85 Golf and then an '86 Golf and an '87 GTI at the same time. My wife and I autocrossed them (SCCA) seriously through the late '80s.

Just traded my C5 Corvette on a 2010 GTI (getting too old to climb in & out !), and am looking to gather / share information with other Golf VI GTI autocrossers (good wheel choices, tire sizes, alignment settings, etc. We only get better if we run against well prepared competitors.). Given that the Mini Cooper S has been moved to D Stock, the new GTI should be very competitive in G Stock. I suspect the DGS equipped cars may be quicker than the manual equipped cars.

Drop me an E-mail, as I don't get to check the site here very often.

freddi

HI!

My name is freddi, short for Fredlyn. I am very new to VW, haven't yet purchased it but I'm looking to get a Carbon Steel Grey I love that color 2 Dr MKVI GTI w/ a sunroof. I really can't wait to get it. I've owned Toyota's before its all my family drives really. I have a 2003 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4WD, and prior to that I had a 1990 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4WD which is still running even now with close to 200K miles. My dad gave it to his sis after I got the '03. The GTI will be my first purchased car, the others were given to me by my dad. He would've bought this one so I can make the payments but he just purchased a 2010 Toyota Corolla S for my mom. I'm looking forward to learning more on this site about VW's n mods n such. Can't wait to have my GTI it will be my first stick and I hope I learn how to drive it well.

DaveRamps

hey

What up everyone! I'm Dave and in 2007 I settled on a Black Rabbit 2.5 5spd. I really wanted to get the GTI but I thought I was being more economical with the Rabbit. Dec. 6 2009, I got into a fender bender and totaled the rabbit.

Now I am in a 2010 United Grey GTI 6 spd and I love it.

Previous to the rabbit, I had a 1997 Supercharged Jetta VR6, the car put out approx 300 hp, black on black with A23's, angel eyes, it was just a sweet car. So I have a soft spot for a VW with some extra power. Probably not going nutty with the mods but getting tints, apr or giac ecu upgrade, intake and maybe rims down the road. Only negative I would say is I wish it was dropped a little more, so I guess that means new springs as well, ha ha.

maptastic

Hi!

I picked up a 2010 GTI 4-dr, 6spd, cloth, w/sunroof, 18" Detroit wheels, sans nav pkg in Tornado Red on Wednesday night.

Previous ride was a 2001 Altima SE 4dr 5spd w/140K+ mi. It's been good to me, but it was time for some serious German engineering. I test drove a bunch of used cars (MX-5, WRX, Solstice) and a few new ones (09 GTI, 10 Sentra) but as I sat at the Nissan dealership about to order a Sentra Spec-V, I realized that I really didn't want this car and I'd rather have a GTI instead! The interior is so much nicer and the turbocharged engine was great!

My sister had some serious problems with her 98/99/00 GTI VR6 2dr (not sure which it was) and dumped it for a minivan as soon has she could. (baby seat sux w/a 2dr) But I used to borrow her car and really loved the way it drove. I'm a little wary about maintenance on the GTI since my Altima never gave me any problems whatsoever till the struts starting going after 9 yrs.

BTW, as far as financing deals go, they were able to do the US 2.9% APR January offer, but instead of 60 months, I got it for 66 months, so adding on an additional warranty (6yrs/100K mi) wasn't significant on the monthly payment.

eligur

Hi

Five day old GTI MkVI 2010: red, 4dr, DSG, 17" Denvers, Bridgestone Potenzas, halogens. Dealer's perks included sunroof, storage package. I added dealer installed GPS and reversing video camera.

Previous wheels Subaru WRX 2005. For the moment, I am throughly frustrated with the 3000 rpm limit for the first 1000 km.

Initial reactions: the GTI is far more comfortable than the WRX for both driver and passengers, it feels like an upscale car, the DSG is nice (especially when my wife is stuck in a traffic jam) and, for me, easy to control from the steering wheel, the central computer display is superb, and so far, I like the sound of the engine.

On the downside, the GTI feels less sharp and tossable than the WRX - I've been playing around with tire pressures - 41 psi front and 43 rear feels better than the recommended 38 all around. Also there seems to be ten times as many buttons than on the WRX and I'm losing hope that I'll ever figure all of them out before I sell the car.

According to the importer here in Israel, there are about fifty MKVI GTIs delivered or on order. It doesn't have a lot of direct competition here - Ford STs and MazdaSpeed 3s were never imported, WRXs aren't anymore (only STis), and the Mitsubishi Ralliart is 20 percent more expensive (I've seen it and I think it's a kludge anyhow). Car prices in Israel are very high (for what I paid I could get an Audi S5 in the States).

So all in all, I'm quite happy and - not the least important - my better half loves it.

quarantine

Ready to race!
Hi, I am new here and hoping to join the vw family very soon. I need your help and I have some questions, will start a new thread.....

dino75

Hello

Hello everyone, I have been fun of VW since I was little kid growing in Italy, I bought my first vw rabbit in 2006, in 2007 I turn in the rabbit for a GTI, and just last week I bought my 2010 GTI MK6, BLACK ,LEATHER, 18,XENON,DSG,NAV!! but this morning I toke, the car to the dealer for a really
strange noise , from the doors and the sunroof!
beside this I love the car, I wish i had the Dynaudio, but this was the only 4 doors full loaded they had!

MrClean

Go Kart Champion
Hello fellow VAG enthusisasts!

I wanted to introduce myself to the forum.

I recently picked up a 2010 VW GTI four door and I absolutely love it.

I've been a VAG guy for years and my first experience was back in the early nineties when I bought a 1991 VW GTI 2.0L, Alpine White with the Charcoal Recaro Racing seats. The seats alone were worth the price of admission and the Euro bumpers and factory BBS wheels topped off the package. I regrettably sold that car for a series of SVT Fords (not that the Fords were all that bad, but I wish I would have hung on to the GTI). Anyway, as the years past, I found myself behind the wheel of some terrific Audi models (B5 S4, TT 3.2 DSG, and B7 Avant 2.0T SLine Ti). Well, after selling my Avant a few weeks back, I decided to go back to the fundamentals of driving and find a truly good and engaging daily driver that does not break the bank. I looked at some used SVT Foci, some used MazdaSpeed3s, and some used VW GTIs/GLIs. Then, after test driving the new GTI (mainly to tell myself I was not missing much between a used MK5 and the new MK6), I came to the conclusion that I had to have the MK6 (it helped a lot that the wife liked it too). I did the "sign then drive" lease and could not be happier. Low monthly payment, full warranty and maintenance for the duration, along with a brand new, refreshed-look GTI.

Details of my ride:
-GTI 4 Door
-Tornado Red
-Anthracite Leather
-DSG
-DynaAudio
-18" Detroit Wheels
-Bi-Xenons

Planned Mods:
-Clearbra
-Tint
-Neuspeed Springs
-VagCom Tweaks
-Catback Exhaust(maybe)
-Intake (maybe)

Last edited:

tastinegti

New Guy

Hi,

New to this forum but not to VW's. I traded a 2008 328i convertible on the CW GTI. I had an 07 GTI and to be honest liked that as much as the bimmer so I got another one...First Photo below..Thinking of removing the pin stripe, it was on the car when I picked it up.

Attachments

• GTI.jpg
    GTI.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 836

gtipwnsevo

Hey all!

I got my first VW last Friday. I have a candy white 2dr 6sp, sunroof, and xenons. After driving old-ass used cars for ever I am truly in love with this car. I have driven a Supra (old, not quite as awesome), vtec prelude, and acura integra. This car has so many nice new features and the power, oh the power. I almost bought a 2010 WRX, my roommate did, glad I didn't I like my pocket rocket better (it's cheaper too!). Anyway, excited to become part of the GTI club and change my expertise from Asian to German.

paulcito

Hi
New to this forum
Ordered my carbon steel GTI last Nov and was to have been delivered early March.
It was then delayed to late April.
Decided to ask the dealer to try and swap with another dealer. Turned out that they were able to get a red one for delivery in late Feb.

So I said "go for it" ...

Will post pictures when taken delivery

paulcito

Hi
New to this forum
Ordered my carbon steel GTI last Nov and was to have been delivered early March.
It was then delayed to late April.
Decided to ask the dealer to try and swap with another dealer. Turned out that they were able to get a red one for delivery in late Feb.

So I said "go for it" ...

Will post pictures when taken delivery

Hey Folks,

I just bought a brand new 2010 GTI off the showroom floor - this thing has never even seen the outside! - 6spd, White, 2D, PERFECT.

My car ownership history is pretty colorful - 11 cars and i'm only 23 years old!

1986 Blazer
1979 Scirocco
1995 Thunderbird
1994 Contour
1991 Corolla Coupe
1995 Integra Coupe
2008 Civic Si
1996 Camaro
2005 BMW 325i
2007 GTI (2D DSG)

2010 GTI (2D Stick)

But the new GTI is the only car I've ever driven that I have been motivated to buy brand-new from a dealership. This is truly the car I will never get rid of!

:happyanim:

Diego Armando

Go Kart Champion
What's going on mk6.com,

Traded in my Maxima this past Monday and since then my GTI has brought back memories that a car is suppose to be fun to drive, is suppose to light a fire inside of you, it reminded me some cars are just cars... and some cars have souls. To put it in perspective, I've gotten out of bed twice this week and have gone for 50-60 mile drives just for the sake of going for a drive. This is a brilliant car, all the way around.