GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Hello and welcome. Introduce yourselves here

VW Steve

Ready to race!
Hello, I'm Steve from New Jersey. I just got a 2012 Golf 2.5. This is my third VW; I previously had a 1972 Super Beetle and a 2000 Golf GL. :)

walker

Go Kart Newbie
Hi everyone,

New to this site (like I really need another forum). Just bought a 2012 GTI, taking delivery on Friday. I spent months searching for a 2009 GTI to fit my budget and considering a 2012 Golf instead. Today my local dealer had a great price on the 2012 GTI so I figured what the hell, gotta live life while I can.

Super stoked to have an MK6, and a GTI at that! It's also my first ever brand new car. My current car, a 2003 Golf will be passed down to my wife. Someday, a Golf R will be in my driveway.

Any words of wisdom to a long time vw fan, but first time GTI owner? Anybody have an opinion on extended service plans, vw care, etc? is it worth it?

porky

Hi Guys,
I am about to become a Golf GTI mk 6 owner in a few weeks.I am about to sell my Porsche Cayman S,(need more seats after 5 years of struggling).I have in the past owned a MK1,a MK2,and a MK4.The MK4 being a diesel,super performance but awful handling.I have heard lots of good things about the 6,so I am gonna take the plunge.I am in a fortunate position cos I live in the UK,but work in Germany,very close to Oettinger!!! Which brings me to why I joined this forum.....info and advice,on tuning the 6.So expect lots of questions in the future and its nice to be onboard.

SaddleSC

Hi guys,
I just took delivery of my 2012 GTI CSG with the DSG gearbox last night. I have owned four Lexus vehicles prior to this one. I sold my SC430 convertible and was looking for more of a "driver's car." I test drove the WRX on Monday evening;on Tuesday night I test drove the GTI and bought it on the spot. Amazing car. I am looking forward to learning a lot from you guys and contributing to the forum.

11shadowblue

Hey everyone I'm George and I picked up a Shadow Blue Gti in August and absolutly love it and look forward to browsing golfmkvi. I have owned 2 mk5's a gti and gli and have been in the dub scene for about 4 years and loved every second of it.

menithings

Passed Driver's Ed
You got a base 2 door solely because of weight? Yikes.. :/

Not solely. I don't want the extra doors, Nav or sunroof. So since the 300 lbs of weight savings is significant IMO, the US base model is perfect for me.

I'm getting this car because it's a focused, nimble, relatively inexpensive yet still very refined hot hatch. And the money saved will go into tuning.

I respect and appreciate those here with more optioned GTI's. The Nav's decent and the leather nice, and I'm sure I'll miss the better headlights.

My other car is an '09 TT quattro DSG Prestige with Nav, extended leather, steering wheel controls, backup sensor, mag ride etc. So I know what all that's like, and know I don't need it in my GTI.

John Melis

Hello everyone!

My name is John and I'm from Greece/Athens. I'm an owner of a GOLF VI 1.4 TSI HIGHLINE.
I hope to learn much from all of you guys!
Thanks.

JRide

Ready to race!
Hey everyone!

Just wanted to stop by and introduce myself. My name is John and I just picked up a 2012 GTI yesterday. This is my 2nd VW. I just traded in my 2010 Golf TDI. I really loved the TDI but was getting nervous about being out of warranty with the potential high pressure fuel pump failure. Aside from that one potential issue I absolutely loved the Golf so I decided to try the GTI this time around.

4-Door 6spd Manual
Shadow Blue Metallic
Convenience and Sunroof Package

Here is a pic:

Last edited:

copizza

Ready to race!
Her name is Jane

Morning!

Well....I just purchased a 2012 black 4 door manuel non optioned GTI. Her name is Jane. Im not sure if anyone has heard this anology but bicylces are similar to GTI's. You can dump a whole lot of cash in them to improve them in little or sometimes big ways. Did it with my bike, now I am in it deep with my new car. This is my second GTI in 5 years. Sandwiched between was a 335xi sedan with a Dinan Chip and exhaust. 400 HP. I currently own a 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee that takes me to work in the snow or when I need to haul the children to the slave labor camp. It has everything except is a V6. Hence my desire for a basic GTI. In an effort for a quick upgrade, I went to the dealer closer to my house and immediatly traded my Detroit's for Serron's. Cost me some money, and yes I know, some may say not quite in the spirit of the GTI, but those Serrron's look great, but hell, its only money. Window tint, done. APR stage 1, installed. White side reflectors, ordered. Scuff plates ordered. Seat lever GTI emblem, ordered.

Hmmmmmm...... whats next? Carbonio Intake. A few weeks. LED rear and head lights? I have to hide that shit from my wife. $1,800 for lights is, well a vacation in her eyes. In my eyes, super nice addition!

What else? Not sure! Will get a journal going soon!

Happy Holiday everyone!

Murdered6

Ready to race!
hey guys!

My names Steve, I bought a 2012 black pearl GTI Autobahn 2 months ago, Traded in my Candy White mk5 for it. I love VAG ;) so far i have a 3" GHL Turboback exhaust on it, Forge Shortshifter (FB/SS) Forge DV spacer, Raceland Coilovers..lol and i blacked out 90% of the car so far, i will be getting it APR tuned within the month (stage 2) and have a forge twintake ordered, should be in after the new year when forge catches up with the orders! =) more mods to come!

MikeASKspeed

Ready to race!
New to forum and VW

Code:
what's up everyone? My name is mike and I just got into a 2011 gti tsi. I've been driving a 98 Saturn, 93 4 cyl mustang and most recently a 94 mustang gt. I've been in the automotive field for a while since 16 I'm now 21. I chose the VW because of the engineering. I was very unhappy with my past vehicles so I hope I can enjoy my gti. I'm looking into a basic stage 2 set up. Intake, exhaust and tune. Any brands to stay away from? What should I look into? I know American manufacturers very well, I work at a speed shop and we don't deal with german performance parts that often. Any insight would be great! Thanks everyone!

LikeABoss

Hello people,

Just got a brand new 2012 GTI, 4 door, 6 speed, in black. Car is amazing so far. I've been driving a 2006 Matrix Auto for the past year and a mix of the matrix and 2001 Town and Country Limited before that. This is my first car I actually own and I don't regret the purchase. Loving it so far and this forum seems great.

Glad to join,
P.

SwanyD1

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey everyone,
My name is Dan. I'm a Technical Sergeant in the Air Force and I just traded my MK5 GTi in for a brand new MK6. Have loved VW's for a long time. Before the MK5 I had a 1985 Cabriolet w/16v and big brake upgrade. I LOVE VW's. So far the MK6 is no disappointment.....now if I can just figure out how to talk the wife into letting me spend some money modding it. lol

CityDubs

Passed Driver's Ed
New guy

Hello my name is Steve friends call me City. I just got my early Xmas present from my wife. 2012 VW GTI tornado red 2 dr. Love it. My other baby is a 1955 VW Oval.

Last edited:

justinnovative

Hey everyone!

My name is Justin and I just recently purchased a 2012 4-door Candy White GTI and I'm loving it!