GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Hello and welcome. Introduce yourselves here

jcme0557

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi Everyone,

I am a new/old GTI owner from waaay up north in Wisconsin. Had a 1987 Mk.2 16v back in my mis-spent youth. Wonderful car...right up to the night it was stolen, stripped, and dumped on the street (all in about 8 hours.) By then, VW was in-between Golf platforms and no new GTI's were to be found anywhere. I ended up with a Civic Si - which was a nice enough car, but sadly no GTI.

Now I'm older and a recent bout of ill-health has made me realize that life is too short and I'm tired of owning and driving sensible cars and wishing they were like my old 16v! Two weeks ago, I emailed the nearest VW dealer (about 90 miles away) and told them I wanted a plain old 2-door 6-speed GTI...any color but gray (I used to work for a big Japanese Car Co. and it seemed that 75% of our cars were painted some sort of gray color!) In less than 6 hours, they found me a nice black 2-door (non-PZEV) and I drove down last week, traded my gray sensible Asian car in, and left in my new GTI.

Wow! I sat in that car and it was like coming home...the whole way back up north I was grinning like an idiot. How did I live all these years without one of these?

I live in a pretty remote spot. Most everyone drives pick-ups and SUV's up here. There isn't much in the way of "car culture"...some folks are into collector cars - Model A's, muscle cars, vintage Detroit Iron - but mostly everyone drives a truck. I've always loved fast little cars...Mini-Coopers, GTI's, that sort of thing. I own some older cars - wouldn't necessarily call them classics, just stuff I like - a FIAT 128-3P and a Triumph TR-6. I also have a couple of motorcycles...oh, and I do own an old pick-up. Its my winter ride and it just rolled over 190k!

I like these internet forums because they allow me to keep in touch with folks who share some of my enthusiasm for cars. I don't always understand your text-slang or the acronyms and I'm probably old enough to be some - no most everyone's father...but, If you don't mind, neither do I.

EMC2MK6

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey guys wanted to introduce myself. Got myself a 2011 GTI i work at a Chevrolet dealership and it came in on trade got a great deal on it. 3 weeks later put some coilovers spun them down low and some ecs 12.5mm spacers in the rear:D let me know what you guys think!

My previous car sold it a month ago I do miss it:/

the day i bought it

present day!
low on paper plates:)

DasAuto1295

Go Kart Champion
Hi guys what's up. So i picked up a 2011 GTI Autobahn 2 door 6speed a couple weeks ago and am loving it! About 500 miles on the car (mostly from the dealer driving it here from St. Louis). This car has been quite an experience! Been driving my mom's 08 BMW X3 but now i have my own car! I'm also no pro at manual and am sometimes regretting getting the 6speed, but there's no going back and i truly do want to learn how to drive stick to the point where its almost just a daily procedure and not hard. Any approximations how long that will take?
If you'd like to see 2 crappy iphone pics of my car click on my thread link in my signature lol but i will have better pictures up soon!

Emdeebee

You'll get the hang of the manual pretty quick, and you'll never regret having it! I have twice thought I could adapt to an automatic, and I have now twice been wrong! No right or wrong as to one being better than the other, it's purely a personal choice. The new car looks great, enjoy!

DasAuto1295

Go Kart Champion
You'll get the hang of the manual pretty quick, and you'll never regret having it! I have twice thought I could adapt to an automatic, and I have now twice been wrong! No right or wrong as to one being better than the other, it's purely a personal choice. The new car looks great, enjoy!

Thanks! I did perfect when i went to the store but on the way back i got over confident and stalled a couple times lol i can't believe the torque this little car has!!

Pfalz Dude

Well hello!

Hey everyone! New guy to VW here... Had been driving a Mercedes C-Class but tired of the expense and stuffy image people expected from someone driving a Merc. Besides, rear wheel drive cars SUCK in the snow on hills! I was looking for something fuel efficient, easy to maneuver, and with enough electronic gizmos to keep me happy. Turns out, the Golf TDI had terrific reviews and is pretty fun to drive so here I am. I got a US-Spec 2012 Golf TDI 4dr 6sp w/Technology Package in Candy White. Looking forward to learning more about the VW brand and maybe meet some folks with common interests.

Here's a photo of the newbie still on the show room floor. Hope you all have a great holiday season and a rockin 2012!

Attachments

• 395863_2974120635969_1350412248_3279895_258748404_n.jpg
    395863_2974120635969_1350412248_3279895_258748404_n.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 246

bluvv04

Ready to race!
Hi all. I was introduced to VW's back when I was into Honda's/Acura's. I had a 95 GSR w/full bolt-ons and was loving the car life...then my buddy traded in his hooked up accord for a white MKIII Golf 4-door. I was confused as to why, but then after about a month the Golf was built (turbocharged, fully built motor, lowered, rims/tires) and was taking down all cars that stood in its way, lol including my GSR. We then went to a few VW/Audi meets here in NE Ohio where I saw a 20AE GTI sitting on some staggered BBS rims and Porsche brakes, and IMMEDIATELY fell head over heels for Dubs!

After several failed attempts at landing a MKIV GTI VR6, I wound up w/a MKIV Jetta GL 2.0L as my first Dub. Even though it wasnt what I wanted, I loved everything that it offered and its clean looks. Finally as a college graduation gift to myself, I decided to reward myself w/a 2011 CSG MKVI GTI 2-dr w/DSG and Autobahn package.

I absolutely love the whip. It's so beasty that I was even able to get my brother to trade in his 300C AWD Hemi for a 2011 UG MKVI GTI 4-dr also w/DSG, Autobahn, and VW motorsport rims. Lol sorry I'm a natural story teller but I'm just happy to be here finally after pursuing the dream of owning a GTI since 2004. Look forward to being part of the community!

getfast

Ready to race!
What got you into VWs? What do you drive? What do you hope to buy? Option Spec? Anything on-topic or just say Hi

Hi all, noob here, I'm Jon in Richmond VA.

I needed a stock daily driver appliance a couple years ago so I sold my modded '98 M3 sedan and got a '10 Golf TDI. Great car, put about 17k miles on it, recently sold it and ordered a '12 GTI. Candy white, 4-door, 3-pedal, no options except the monster mats. Should be here in February.

No plans to mod or track the GTI - I now have another '98 M3 sedan for that - but they do look good with mild tint, minor drop, and some good wheels - currently thinking TSW Nurburgrings. So we'll see.

Despite being more of a BMW guy I certainly like the VWs and have driven many of 'em on track over the years (TDI Cup Jetta racecar at VIR, 16v GTI racecar in a Top Gear UK filming, HPA turbo Mk4 R32 at Autobahn Country Club, etc.) I also once spent a day near the GTI W12 650 (they would let us sit in it but not drive it, hahaha.) Also I have done some cheap racing in VWs... LeMons in a Mk3 Golf and ChumpCar (the 24hr race at VIR this past summer) in a Mk4 Jetta VR6.

Anyway, that's all for now, just saying hi! I hope I can learn some things about these cars and become a productive member of this board :thumbsup:

mrmoe2012GTI

Me and my GTI

Hello everyone im Morris Lowery .But you can call me Moe. I all ways had VW's aa 2000 Jetta 2004 Jetta 2003 golf then i fell off. Got a 2006 Sub WRX which was very fast. Just let it go now im back a 2012 GTI. Looking to do a lot with these one

VWagain

Hi Guys,

I just did a deal for a 2012 GTI Autobahn DSG. I'm hoping to get it later this week but wanted to do my first post. I think I got a good deal and am very excited. Can't wait to chip it and do a couple of more mods.

BTW, does anyone know if the leather seats in the Autobahn are identical to the cloth seats besides the hide?

Broms

Hey All,

New to the forum but certainly not the VW Marque. Had 4 in the past (2 GTI's and 2 Jetta's). Just joined as I am currently shopping for a '12 GTI Manual. I received the best news last month which was they will be changing the driving rules for my Co. car ('10 Ford Fusion) which makes it almost impossible to keep. Non-employees no longer allowed in the vehicle. So the decision was easy to start the GTI search.

I have been searching online inventories at dealers all over New England and I am heading to NH middle of this week to take a look at a dealer who supposedly has 16 in stock. I am looking at pref. a 4-door (Black Lab and 2 teenage girls always in tow) with conv./SR package. Like many of the colors but I am partial to CSG and poss CW.

If all goes well I will be putting down the deposit ASAP and finalizing within a week or so (waiting on a bonus check to put a nice sum down).

Anyone know of any good dealers up in the N.E. area who are good to deal with? The dealer I purchased my '08 Jetta from are kind of sharks so I am saving them as a last resort.

Thanks.

UNFOGIVABLE

Go Kart Champion
Another New Guy (First car)

Hey everybody!

I'm new to the forum (just starting to get active). I have a black Mk6 GTI DSG. I've done a few cosmetic mods to my car, but nothing major and nothing performance yet, because I plan to keep this car working normally. I live in the Troy/Albany area of NY(college) for most of the year, and on holidays, I'm in NYC (home). I guess thats enough chit-chat for now. Here's some pics:

I can't get the embedded pics to work, heres the links

http://instagr.am/p/bqQmy

http://instagr.am/p/cHztA

Last edited:

Volks2Go

805 Driver

Hello everyone.

I'm Brian. I live in California, and drive a red GTI MK4 2001. I hope I get to learn more about the car and how to upgrade it throught his forum. Thanks :lol: