GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Hello and welcome. Introduce yourselves here

rzarektah

Ready to race!
Whats going on people!

My names Raza, driving a '12 Candy White 4door with manual trans, and i am absolutely loving it. I live in Long Island, New York and am definitely hoping to jump head first into the VAG scene thats around my way. Been seeing more and more MK6's on the local roads, each one done up with my favorite word in mind...subtlety. Thats it for now, ill leave you guys with a photo...

305MO

Hello! New GTI owner from SFL getting my 12' black GTI tomorrow
Wondering what LED's I should get, tinted or cherry!? Anyone got pictures of a black GTI with one of those?

VWContrails

Ready to race!
Hey all,

2nd time GTI owner here. Just got into my new 2012 last week and so far I LOVE it. Can't wait to start upgrading. Need to start with the R tails and eventually to the HID lights. I had an '09 MKV before and I reallllly miss the HIDs.

Here's the old and the new. Thanks!

And the new (from a phone, better pics soon):

Anyone in and around Richmond, VA wanna meet up sometime, shoot me a PM!

Cheers!

Dayv

Ready to race!
Obligatory long-winded introduction:

I'm Dayv (pronounced like Dave), I live in the Washington D.C. area, and I've never owned a VW. I have fond memories of riding in Beetles and other VWs as a child (some of them in Germany), but was a Japanese car guy for the first decade-and-change of my car-buying life.

I used to drive a 1999 Integra GS-R hatchback, which I loved. When it started getting a bit long in the tooth, I decided to be more practical and frugal and got a 2009 Honda Fit Sport hatchback w/ manual transmission and nav (a build option they discontinued the next year). I love the passenger space, cargo room, versatility, and small size. I don't love the unsatisfying seats, cheap materials, squeaky interior, lack of a sunroof, missing bluetooth, and weak engine. I found myself saying that what I really wanted was an Acura version of the Fit... maybe turbocharged.

The real clincher for me was when I spent a week in Spain driving a rented BMW 1-series hatchback. It was the weakest diesel engine in the lineup and I'm not a big fan of RWD, but when I sat in my Fit after a week of road trips in a nicely built European hatchback, I immediately felt and saw the difference. I began reading reviews of new hatchbacks, looking for something with the driving satisfaction of my old Integra, the interior quality of that BMW, and the practicality (or close to it) of the Fit.

I started noticing VWs again in the 2000s, but I kept hearing very bad things about their reliability from friends who had them, especially the infamous coil pack issues. It seems like those times have passed now, from what I've heard. Still I had dismissed the GTI. I thought they were very boring in appearance and a bit overpriced, and I still had my old habit of focusing on Japanese cars.

Then two things happened: I started watching Top Gear, and I started running across reviews of the Golf R.

I'm sold now. The Golf R is almost everything I want (I'd prefer cloth seats and wish I could make a choice between DSG and manual -- I've always driven manual but find DSG intriguing) and one thing I didn't realize I wanted until recently: AWD.

The GTI really fits all my other criteria, but my chest-pounding reptile brain wants the R.

Now I just need to convince my wife that it's worth the price. Any advice on that front is greatly appreciated.

rolmeister

Hello

My name is Rolly. I may be a newbie but I'm an oldy. :lol:
first new car: 1969 red vw. :happyanim:
Second new car: clementine Orange 1971 (euro spec) super- beetle.
Third new car: 1973 Dark Green volvo 142s. :)
lots of other cars...in between...:confused:
Then: 1993 White Double Cab truck ( only sold in Canada for one year) I still own it. :w00t:
used 1993 White Jetta Vento in 2000.- 2002
In 2008 a slightly used 2008 MKV candy white rabbit 2.5L comfortline.
Now a used 2010 candy white MKVI Golf 2.5L Tiptronic :thumbup:

Always looking to personalize my rides...I enjoy waisting gas by just driving around. :23:

Dayv

Ready to race!
I'm sold now. The Golf R is almost everything I want (I'd prefer cloth seats and wish I could make a choice between DSG and manual -- I've always driven manual but find DSG intriguing) and one thing I didn't realize I wanted until recently: AWD.

Now I just need to convince my wife that it's worth the price. Any advice on that front is greatly appreciated.

I just convinced her. I may have promised her a completely tricked out Mini Rocketman when they go into production. Worth it.

rasibert

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi! My names Rob. Very new to VWs and forums in general. Been had my mkvi Gti since Feb 2011 and have been lurking around for a while now. Just thought I'd finally introduce myself and say thank you for this wonderful forum.

From this forum I was able to pick my first mod and more importantly get the message to go with what you like and what shops in your area can provide.

So far I've have BB tbe, p-flo intake, and 35% tint. That's all for now. I got three kids and an alright job, so any mod money is a surprise even to me.

Don't really know what's next? I planned on APR stage 2 tune, but now I'm kinda thinking wheels and coils. I hate seeing mirror images of my car! Ha!

Well, that's all. Please be kind to me when I pull a noob move on this forum!

flug2012

Ready to race!
Hi! My names Rob. Very new to VWs and forums in general. Been had my mkvi Gti since Feb 2011 and have been lurking around for a while now. Just thought I'd finally introduce myself and say thank you for this wonderful forum.

From this forum I was able to pick my first mod and more importantly get the message to go with what you like and what shops in your area can provide.

So far I've have BB tbe, p-flo intake, and 35% tint. That's all for now. I got three kids and an alright job, so any mod money is a surprise even to me.

Don't really know what's next? I planned on APR stage 2 tune, but now I'm kinda thinking wheels and coils. I hate seeing mirror images of my car! Ha!

Well, that's all. Please be kind to me when I pull a noob move on this forum!

Post a pic of your ride!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RIP335

Go Kart Champion
My roomate in college actually got me hooked on VW/Audis. He drove a 1.8T Mk4 jetta that I always drooled over.

So I graduated college a year ago and figured it was time to buy my first new car and take advantage of VW new grad financing program. I looked at GTIs for a while but decided I didn't like the hatchback quite as much as the sedan (still love GTIs, and this was probably the hardest decision i had to make)

After a few weeks of research and test driving both sticks and DSG autos I decided I wanted a black or grey 2012 GLI DSG auto w.o. nav. So I put my old car (o5 toyota celica 161K miles) up on auto trader and withing a few hours had buyer in Richmond, VA. Problem was I live in NJ and the guy didn't want to drive 6 hrs for a test drive. Well my ex fiances brother just so happens to be a VW salesman in Fredericksburg, VA. So i thought i wonder what GLIs they have on their lot. So i got online and turns out the only one they had was exactly what i had been looking for. Problem solved, went on a road trip, sold my car for cash to a kid in richmond, had him give me a ride back to Bill Britts VW in fredericksburg, and drove away w. the car of my dreams!

I met Driverfound in the dealers parking lot on my way out. He showed me the mods on his GTI, gave me some great maintenance pointers and informed me of this site!

So yeah, looking for any suggestions on how to personalize my GLI and am pumped to be part of this Forum!!

Cool ride, any more pix

RickA1

Ready to race!
Just saw this thread so I guess I'll chime in. Probably among the eldest here at 52.This is my second VW after a long time Honda owner. Love the reliability, but needed (wanted?) something more fun.

Some pictures of my black beauty (it has tints now..need to take some more pictures with them).

n8walker1

Hello all, my name is Nate and I am new to the VW scene. Need a little help with choosing the right parts for my 2012 GTI TSI. Want to get as much power and boost I possibly can out of my car. Need to know what is the best 3" exhaust that looks stock, best digital boost gauge, suspension compnents i.e. strut tower braces, sway bars etc, cold air intake system, etc. Trying to make it a sleeper, mostly stock on the out side minus the OEM Euro heads and tails and the OEM interior light switch. Any web sites and help will be great. Thanks, N8

3askoul

flug2012

Ready to race!
Just saw this thread so I guess I'll chime in. Probably among the eldest here at 52.This is my second VW after a long time Honda owner. Love the reliability, but needed (wanted?) something more fun.

Some pictures of my black beauty (it has tints now..need to take some more pictures with them).

Congats! love my Autobahn :thumbup: