GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Hello and welcome. Introduce yourselves here

eli.garner.3

Hi all. This is my first VW that I've owned. During my childhood, my mom has had multiple vw bugs and buses all ranging from the 60's and very early 70's.
What REALLY influenced me to buy my vw was my best friend. He is huge on vws and takes his dapper 2004 R32 out to shows and contests.
2 and a half weeks ago I purchased this gem. 2014 GTI Wolfsburg edition. It's has everything I wanted. The classic plaid seats. 4 doors. Booming sound system.
It just.so happened to be owned by a rich couple before me. They traded it in for a 2015. So with 5,500 miles on it makes it a used 2014 GTI. I think I can live with that!

eli.garner.3

Hi all!

What REALLY influenced me to buy my vw was my best friend. He is huge on vws and takes his dapper 2004 R32 out to shows and contests.
2 and a half weeks ago I purchased this gem. 2014 GTI Wolfsburg edition. It's has everything I wanted. The classic plaid seats. 4 doors. Booming sound system.
It just.so happened to be owned by a rich couple before me. They traded it in for a 2015. So with 5,500 miles on it makes it a used 2014 GTI. I think I can live with that!

WAP

Go Kart Champion
^Hello and welcome!

WAP

Go Kart Champion
^Hi and welcome!

WAP

Go Kart Champion
^Howdy and welcome!

trev1342

Go Kart Champion
Hi!!!

trev1342

Go Kart Champion
Hey guys! :D

Harry_GP

Another newbie!

Hey, everyone. New guy here from DC, stepping out of the lurking shadows. New to the GTI, just picked up a 2012 CW Autobahn 4D stick a few weeks ago. Bonus: already came with APR Stage 1 and exhaust (dealer had no idea car was lightly modded).

Already scheduled for an intake, short-shift kit and VWR springs (daily driver in/around DC, so no slamming for me). I'm already tempted by Stage II/K04..dammit. I've found myself looking at clutch kits and downpipes in the marketplace. Anyone in DC/MD/VA parting out SII/K04 goodies, hit me up! Tint has already been done. I'm hopeless.

Anyway, glad to find a wealth of information here. I'm looking forward to learning a lot as I get the mod bug out of my system and make my new ride the best daily driver it can be. I'm already having a blast (although I think I'm experiencing the dreaded throwout bearing squeal..tbd). Commutes are fun again!

Here's a quickie shot (pre-tint). More to come!

Last edited:

vswagon

Hey guys, my name is Blake I'm new here - but not so new to the world of car forums and passionate gearheads. As a result, I figured I'd get myself set up while I still get to know my new ride.

A few months back I traded in my '04 Mazda6s Wagon for a '11 MK6 GTI Autobahn DSG and I've had nothing but love for her so far. She's been a blast, but I still haven't had much time to play with her because winter... but that should soon change while I wait for the mountains of snow in NE to dissipate. Here she is at the moment (before the snow) :

Cheers!

Last edited:

CZ Mate

Mia My 2.5 Golf

Hey everyone my name is Mike,

I bought my 2011 VW Golf 2.5L two month ago. It was a fast buy after my MINI Cooper S got a crack in the block. I been slowly liking my Golf more each day, just miss the handling of my MINI.

Mia has 76k miles on her, she is United Grey, 4 door, automatic, sunroof & heated seats.

I have done a few cheap mods so far. Plastidip the front logo and the hubcaps, upgraded the headlights with Hyper Yellow DRL/High beams, and artic white low beams, I also Dr badge the "Golf".

I just bought a set of Sparco RTT 18x8 rims (saving up for tires) and GTI Oem springs.

You can follow me on instagram @CZ_MATE

Last edited: