GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Hello and welcome. Introduce yourselves here

Topaz

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi just joined the forum, I have just purchased (last week ) a 22 plate 1.5 etsi style and happy with it so far, I have owned two VW s previously, a Red 2014 plate GTD and a 2018 plate 1.5 r line.

Previous to owning VWs I drove many 3 series BMWs but found they were getting to large (body size ) for what I required.

Moxie69

Hello all !!! Just purchased my new to me 2019 Golf R, taking delivery next week. I've had 5 vw's in the past but never and R. Very excited ......

TooMuchFun

Happy to be here :D

First VW (first car) at 16 was a '68 Bug. At 63 I just got my second VW a week ago; a 2015 GTI SE with an APR Stage 1 tune.

Guess what? I really like it.

This is my daily driver. It replaced a 2003 Infinity G35 Coupe which had come to the end of a long life. A bunch of fun cars before that: An M3 (fun) Jensen Interceptor (fast, heavy and very British :unsure:), a Maserati Biturbo (a horrible and honestly dangerous car but insanely fun when it ran well, which was almost never:cautious:), A 280 Z...

Anyway...

This is the best car I have ever had. Super fast, super nice, handles great, small enough to fit in all the small San Francisco parking places the Infinity couldn't; tons of interior space for hauling stuff the Infinity couldn't. It's faster, lighter, handles better, more practical and waaaaay more fun.

It puts grins on my face every time I drive it.

Unstoppable

Hi all, bought my first Golf MK 7.5 1.4TSI SE NAV in May, with the exception of the noisy rear suspension Im very pleased with it.
My first auto in a while and have to say the 7 speed DSG is superb.
Look forward to getting to know a few on here.
S.

TroyBoy

Go Kart Newbie
Hello
Purchased 2012 GTI Autobahn 4 weeks ago for my wife. Drove it one day, then parked in garage and started tearing it down lol.
4 door DSG, K04 Turbo with upgrades, and more mods in process now (Throttle body Pipe, Turbo Outlet Pipe, .....)

Glad to be a VDub owner once again! These cars are a sweet ride

Last edited:

intoflatlines

Drag Race Newbie
Back after a several year hiatus. Joined vwvortex around the late 2000s when I got my MK4 GTI. Joined golfmk6 when I got my.. MK6.. GTI new early 2010s. Moved over to the BMW world for awhile for motorsports and then got a MK6 GTI DSG for DD and now I'm back, bitches, with a MK7.5 GTI SE 6MT. Lots of familiar names here!

There was a period of time where golfmk6 kept going down for weeks at a time and a group of us started a mutiny with a separately hosted forum and everyone got banned or something. Quite funny when you look back on it!

mwoodski

Autocross Champion
Howdy.

I'm from CT, bought my GSW in early 2021 to replace my Civic Hybrid as a daily. Specifically bought a white 4mo w/dsg and a black interior for the long term plans I have for it.

Cars and racing are my passions, I also do motorsport photography.

Also wanna try to get together a group of folks here in CT when I'm more like, known, to have semi-frequent food hang meets and stuff like that, super low key and chill.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Howdy.

I'm from CT, bought my GSW in early 2021 to replace my Civic Hybrid as a daily. Specifically bought a white 4mo w/dsg and a black interior for the long term plans I have for it.

Cars and racing are my passions, I also do motorsport photography.

Also wanna try to get together a group of folks here in CT when I'm more like, known, to have semi-frequent food hang meets and stuff like that, super low key and chill.

Welcome. Us fellow New Engladers get together in MA every once in a while. Most recently, just a few weeks ago for some go kart racing followed by drinks in Wrentham. More area always welcome!

odumodubvlck

hello everyone,hope everyone is good and i really thank you for accepting me to this wonderful group filled with genuis. looking to learn from the forum
thanks

2Stevo2

Hi all, new member here!

In the process of purchasing a 2011 mk6 Golf GTI DSG. It is a japanese import and my first Golf so will no doubt be relying on you fine people for pointers along the way :)

Thanks in advance!

Cheers.