GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Help me get better.

tricky713

Ready to race!
Just looking for some feedback on my photography. Check out my flickr at flickr.com/bperna and let me know things I should improve on, change, etc. I'm open to all critiquing. Any opinion, good or bad is helpful :thumbsup:

Thanks !

Also, the pictures of the paintball event were the first time I've ever been on the field with a camera. Having a really slow/cheap lens didn't help.

motorhoney

Ready to race!
Your stuff's lookin' pretty good. Maybe just be more careful about composition and "chopping stuff off" - looks like you're centering and then cropping after-the-fact for the most part. If you've got a camera with lots of good AF points, learn to use them :)

njfast07

Go Kart Champion
After a quick look, my brief advice is as follows (and I'm not an expert, just giving you what I've gotten out of classes for my photojournalism minor):

Don't cut off limbs. feet, hands, arms etc...try to keep them all in the frame because most of the time, it looks awkward when you don't.

avoid getting sky in your photos. There are certainly pictures that having sky can make it better, and certain pictures are good because of the presence of sky, but in the photos like the paintball, you've sacrificed some lower bodies and possibly a more interesting shot overall by focusing on the upper portion of the body and a random assortment of sky and background.

Finally, when shooting sports action shots like paintball, It's okay to shoot loose and crop later. By shooting loose, you know you'll get all body parts and a good range of action in each shot. When you go back to edit and process, you can always crop out the unnecessary stuff and help the viewer to focus on the action you intended to capture.

I'm super tired and don't feel like proof reading what I just typed since it's 3:30am. Hope this was helpful!

tricky713

Ready to race!
Awesome, I deff agree with what everyone has said. I know I sometimes go a little overboard with editing ( sharpening especially) and sometimes I use vignetting because of the lens im using. Its a cheap tamron 70-300 and it has a natural vignette at the far end of the zoom so I just go with it.

As far as composition I guess that will just come with time. I've only been shooting seriously for 4-5 months so I'm still getting an eye for pictures.

Thanks for the help, any other suggestions are welcome !