GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Help

Erikablack

Hi, so I’m an X Corrado junkie, newly turned GTI Lover ! I recently bought a 2002/ 337 edition 1.8 T 6 speed manual. Anyway, was aware of the 2.5 techtonics exaust. Didn’t realize I don’t have a cat, just a straight down pipe. “Blonde moment” until my second emissions fail, that said “ not supported “ down the line. Now my question is this. Was the car “tuned” and WTF do I do ? Outside of spending a lot of money and having my beautiful exhaust cut, to throw a cat on ???please help. Baby is parked, because my sticker expired.

Erikablack

💜💜

Attachments

• 65923833-249F-4F59-B9ED-4A5768ED6581.png
    65923833-249F-4F59-B9ED-4A5768ED6581.png
    3.9 MB · Views: 263
  • A02D2DB5-F3E4-4EBF-8076-7D9EDF2D7DBC.jpeg
    A02D2DB5-F3E4-4EBF-8076-7D9EDF2D7DBC.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 256

Thumper

Autocross Champion
Might get more help if it wasn't posted in the Suggestions section? And this is MK5-8, hard to help on a MK4 when not a lot of knowledge of it.

Some general suggestions, obviously have a cat welded on....or move to where you don't have to test. Rough choices but the only choices. If it had no cat on it it was almost certainly tuned, would think just like MK6s if there was no cat you would get a CEL without a tune. How to find out where and who tuned it, not sure on that platform but would be worth contacting some vendors that work on it and see if they have a record maybe.

Erikablack

Maybe it’s like super cheap and includes a hit of lsd?
Okay, I’m soo sorry that, you’re compensating for for a thicker, harder, faster thing in between your hands. And that, you’re so insecure about it. That you have to put down a nice girl asking for help with her GTI. There’s always a 4 speed, trying to be a 6.

Erikablack

Okay, I’m soo sorry that, you’re compensating for for a thicker, harder, faster thing in between your hands. And that, you’re so insecure about it. That you have to put down a nice girl asking for help with her GTI. There’s always a 4 speed, trying to be a 6.
Grow the fuck up ! You’re a douche ! Prob 21 and you’re daddy just bought you a VDUB.

Erikablack

Might get more help if it wasn't posted in the Suggestions section? And this is MK5-8, hard to help on a MK4 when not a lot of knowledge of it.

Some general suggestions, obviously have a cat welded on....or move to where you don't have to test. Rough choices but the only choices. If it had no cat on it it was almost certainly tuned, would think just like MK6s if there was no cat you would get a CEL without a tune. How to find out where and who tuned it, not sure on that platform but would be worth contacting some vendors that work on it and see if they have a record maybe.
I’m sorry, I’m just new to this. And I’m being attacked at all angles.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Put down? That's what u took from that?